From Worms Knowledge Base
|Any, though works best with teams of 4|
Clockworm Orange is a scheme in which each team starts off with nothing but a Handgun, with progressively more powerful weapons being made available as each turn passes. Each weapon that unlocks has infinite ammo, with the exception of most of the special team weapons, which are limited to one (or three for Mad Cows).
Weapons unlock in the following order:
- Uzi, Teleport, Bungee
- Fire Punch, Dragonball, Kamikaze, Prod, Parachute
- Petrol Bomb, Battle Axe, Mole Bomb, Blow Torch, Pneumatic Drill, Girder, Ninja Rope
- Mortar, Shotgun, Longbow, Mine, Baseball Bat, Skunkx1
- Homing Missile, Grenade, Cluster Bomb
- Bazooka, Old Womanx1
- Minigun, Sheep, Dynamite
- Air Strike, Napalm Strike
- Homing Pigeonx1, Sheep Launcherx1, Super Sheepx1, Holy Hand Grenadex1, Mad Cowx3
There are no rules.
The scheme is not supported by HostingBuddy.
- Clockworm Orange is something of a long game, with patience being the order of the day.
- You may be tempted to use your Super Weapons as soon as they become available, but remember they are in limited supply and you will not receive any more of them. They are best used for large groups of worms.
The concept behind this scheme was originally created by Team17 and the original versiob included in the console versions of Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party. It was 'ported' to the PC version of Worms Armageddon in 2004 by Squirminator2k, using the PSone scheme information provided by The Page of Light. In doing so, some modifications were made:
- The original console version of the scheme does not feature the Petrol Bomb or the Napalm Strike as fire weapons are not present in console ports of the game. The Longbow is similarly missing from console versions. These weapons have been added into the scheme, appearing at turns where they are appropriately placed alongside similar weapons.
- The Prod was not present in the original scheme, and has been included alongside other melee attacks here.
- On console versions only one Mad Cow is provided. The ammo was upped to three to better make use of the weapon.
- Note that the Page of Light lists the Aqua Sheep in place of the Super Sheep, however this is not the case on the PSone version of the scheme itself and thus the Aqua Sheep option is not enabled.
The scheme is not known to have featured in competitive play.
|This article has a to-do list:|