| Sheep Launcher
| Keyboard selection:
|| F1 (x5)
| Standard effects:
|| Big impact crater, Up to 75 HP damage
| Present in:
|| W:A, WWP
The Sheep Launcher is used to let a sheep cross very large gaps or get to places that it couldn't otherwise get to. It replaces the Sheep-on-a-Rope seen in WormsDC.
The launch power is fixed at maximum, like the Mortar. When flying through the air, the sheep will not act like a standard Sheep, but will require a press of the spacebar to turn it into a standard sheep. Once it hits the landscape, it will turn into a standard sheep automatically.
Turning the sheep into a standard one in mid-air will not change the flight path, and the only benefit of doing so is to allow the sheep to detonate in mid-air. In total, the weapon may require a maximum of 3 presses of the spacebar to get it to detonate, one to launch it, one to turn it into a regular sheep, and one to detonate it.
- A sheep fired from the launcher can be fired a very long distance, over half of the size of a standard map. It is very useful for causing large damage to a far away or innacessable worm.
- As the sheep can be detonated in mid-air during the launch, it can be fired innacurately and detonated when flying close to an enemy.
- The sheep can be bounced off of walls, however, although it bounces correctly horizontally, it does not bounce correctly vertically (see below). A sheep will not change the direction it is facing during bouncing, so if fired left, it will walk left after landing, even if it is travelling to the right after bouncing against a wall.
- When fired from a Jetpack, Ninja Rope, Parachute or Bungee, the direction of release will be identical to the direction you are travelling in.
- Sheep Launcher can be used to collect crates.
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- When a launched sheep bounces against a wall, the vertical speed will be reset to 0, meaning that it cannot be bounced in an upwards direction. Also, if a launched sheep touches the ceiling, then all of its speed will be reset to 0, and as a result, it will fall straight downwards.
Tricks and glitches