From Worms Knowledge Base
FoxHound, although we appreciate your efforts in adding content to our wiki, please do so with quality in mind. Considering that you are not a native English speaker and this wiki is written in English, before saving your edit, please ensure that you've checked your grammar with a native English speaker. This will help others to understand your content without puzzling for several moments to figure it out. Please make an effort to read more quality Worms Knowledge Base articles before posting new articles.
If you continue editing without taking these steps, you will receive another warning, and eventually a ban, so please edit with quality in mind. -Lex 08:31, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
I'm Brazilian, my english is bad as you noticed, sorry about that. The "N" is very used in a lot of names like Guns n' Roses, Rock n' roll... In WWP those games were always posted with the N (and not "and"). So i don't know why people get angry with minimum things like this. I'm sure that if this wiki language wasn't english, and yes portuguese, would be hard for you to edit pages. I edited here for the first time, so please be patient. I'm trying to help this worms community... The Pigeon was a very bad mistake, sorry. Thanks a lot for the correction in my editions, you respected my edition, only changed the wrong vocabulary and put short texts. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by FoxHound (talk • contribs).
- It's not all your fault. In fact, not all people in the Worms Community are native English speakers. So if you made a mistake, just keep that in mind and make sure you don't make it next time. --Explorer09 12:33, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- By the way, if you make posts in talk pages, please sign them by typing four tildes (~~~~). (There is also a button in the toolbar to do this.) Explorer09 12:33, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
I would like to remind you, once again, to please review your changes before saving them, to make sure that they make sense and don't have any errors.
Your additions are appreciated, but the effort required to clean up after some of your careless edits imposes a strain on everyone else.
By the way, now over 20 articles have exactly the same typo in their revision history, forever.
--Vladimir 21:24, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, i will review my edits many times before changing it. I need to think more before acting. FoxHound 21:28, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
Have you played your schemes on WormNET? If yes, I wonder how other people thought about your schemes. --Explorer09 13:05, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
I've tagged your scheme pages with Template:SchemeNotability1. Scheme ideas come and go, and we'd rather not clutter the Schemes page with scheme ideas that haven't actually caught on. As the comment at the top of the Schemes' page source now states, a good criteria for inclusion is if you've seen people you don't know play your schemes online. Thanks. --Vladimir 20:15, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
You have the reason... U can delete my schemes... Sudden Death some players liked, but nobody host this game... Sorry, i'm putting my schemes before they make success. This is not a blamethepixel site to put those things. Sorry.—Preceding unsigned comment added by FoxHound (talk • contribs) 00:43, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
Please, FoxHound, SIGN YOUR POST. I don't think typing four tildes was that difficult. Explorer09 12:42, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
YOUR SNOOKER SCHEME
SUP! This is your one and only ugly Korean buddy named DumbBongChow!!! One of friendly guy I sometimes play with, BlitzBlaze, really loved your Snooker scheme. It was littered with compliments, and I heard comments from him like "that is f*ing amazing", "awesome man", and "so awesome" regarding your Snooker scheme setting. He was also asking me who made this scheme. I'm rather curious about your progress for this scheme since the last time I modified this scheme for you. I kind of want your scheme to be finalized eventually much like NaiL's Wipeout. I sometimes host this game when people are flexible with the scheme selection. You did say you don't mind hosting this scheme before, so yea. BTW FEEL FREE TO COMMENT MY SCHEMES ON THIS PAGE UNDER REVIEW ME!! secion FOR ANYBODY WHO'S READING THIS!!! http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow =D DumbBongChow 04:56, 8 May 2011 (CEST)
- Hi, I'm so glad to read this, people are liking the scheme! My last update to the scheme after your help was: zero jetpacks. I was wondering if the unlimited mines with the ninja rope will be too powerful. I was thinking about removing the aqua sheep (now that there is infinite rope) too. I need to change the scheme more, but sometimes I am lazy about editing it, because Snooker is for sure my most complex scheme, I needed a lot of time just to make it playable (lots of rubber settings tested), I edited it many times. It will be on Scheme ideas soon. FoxHound 05:52, 8 May 2011 (CEST)
- Very sorry about what happen during your Snooker scheme test FoxHound. Urgent issue came right at the end of game after series of tedious chores I had to do. I'll try to help you on your scheme at some other time. DumbBongChow 08:35, 8 May 2011 (CEST)
- Please, FoxHound, reply me - just with Yes or No. Explorer09 12:42, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
YES!--FoxHound 23:53, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. (And you know how to sign your posts!) --Explorer09 11:02, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
The file you uploaded is too large for everyone to download! You should upload the replay file instead, or try removing the background, water, and other sprites to make the GIF file smaller. --Explorer09 14:28, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- The replay file is in my other computer that is with problems. I just have all the images and the GIF animation in this computer. I don't know how to set a small size to ALL of them. If you know a way to cut all the images in the same position please tell me or with i'm not asking too much, i could send the images to you. If this is not possible to do, you can remove the GIF animation and when my computer problem be fixed i can put the replay file. --FoxHound 14:37, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- EDIT: if i find it in the middle of all the other replays =S--FoxHound 14:40, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry I can't. The image is too complicated and it would take me several days just to cut all the backgrounds. Besides, the scene in game is multi-layered so it is impossible to fix the camera by cropping the images. (Even if I fix the position of one layer, the others may move due to the original camera position) --Explorer09 15:05, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you anyway, when my computer get back to work, i'll search for the replay, or maybe, if i have time, i'll try to resize the animation even if be necessery to change one by one. FoxHound 16:48, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- You guys do realize that anyone who finds this Wiki has used Fire Punch at least once during his or her lifetime, thus the image showing how it works is pretty much useless. Or what, let's put GIFs in every weapon article? Let's explain how to shoot a Bazooka? How to aim with Air Strike? How to place a Mine? Then why not film your hand on the keyboard, showing people how to press space button? [/Sarcasm.] Balee 11:22, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Such as? Balee
- Um, but there's already a GIF there. Or is a better one needed? I could make one in a minute, although I don't have a good program to make GIF animations with, GIMP reduces the colors, I guess. *Goes to check.* Balee 12:04, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- OK, so forget the fire punch GIF. But the idea is not to show how to press space, and yes that Fire Punch can be used in mid-air and show an exemple of an useful punch in mid air. FoxHound 14:28, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- That GIF (about rope knocking) was made by me long before this discussion begins, Balee. I'm just showing the example I have done. --Explorer09 14:40, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- I can perform the same "punch" as you did, but it's not really necessary to use that move. In non-Hysteria schemes, the player can walk into the enemy worm and fire-punch it down instead. —Explorer09 15:21, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm... You are right! So this GIF is more useful to hysteria page, A fire punch exemple would be better with a backflip. Good point. FoxHound 16:42, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- FoxHound, you seem to have either missed or bypassed my point. WKB is not a place to teach trivial moves to people. Using Fire Punch mid-air is trivial. Firing an aimed weapon without actually aiming is not trivial. Notice the differences.
- Explorer, I see. And yes, that GIF is one of the more useful ones, since rope knocking is not trivial either. Balee 17:10, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- I understood your point Balee. I think you have the reason. But i just wrote that if that GIF animation should be placed here in WKB, it would be better on hysteria's page, not on fire punch's page. I just wrote that but i will not put the image again, because i think all of us arrived in conclusion that GIF images must be put only if it is not trivial. FoxHound 17:29, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure that 8MB GIF images belong on any page. Since there doesn't even seem to be a point in recreating this GIF without backgrounds, does anyone object if I just delete the file? --Vladimir 18:42, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Delete the file. It was not a good idea. Sorry. FoxHound 18:54, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello. Do you know that you can mark edits as minor by ticking the "This is a minor edit" box? You should do this if you're just making cosmetic changes (such as spelling or grammar corrections) to the article. --Explorer09 13:38, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- I saw that square, but i didn't know about what would happen. I'll try next time, thanks for the advise. FoxHound 02:55, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
To rename a file
Administrators have the right to rename files (images, replays, schemes, etc.), you should tell admins to rename them for you, rather than uploading a same file again. --Explorer09 01:16, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
- I thought i would overwrite the file. And now i see that i can't delete the file, only admins... Sorry about it. I didn't know that the files could be renamed. Next time i will do it. FoxHound 04:38, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Didn't I tell you not to upload the same file again? --Explorer09 16:13, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- SORRY AGAIN! I don't know how to rename files. So i tought that uploading a new version of the archive it would rename, and now again i can't delete the old file! FoxHound 16:23, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Didn't I tell you not to upload the same file again? --Explorer09 16:13, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Excuse me, but WTF are you doing? --Vladimir 05:29, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
Just Redirects. It will be easier to people find what they want. An exemple: write bat on search and it will go to baseball bat page. FoxHound 05:32, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, but that's what the search is there for. Many of those redirects seem redundant or superfluous. --Vladimir 06:44, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
Agreed, and may I list some redirects that are really unneeded and could be deleted? (w:Wikipedia:RfD)
- Crazy cows
- Worms map data base
- Worms scheme data base
- Worms 1
- Sheep glitch (ambiguous name)
- Spy crate
- Antisink (it's a RubberWorm feature, not part of a main game feature)
- Foxhound (should go to People namespace unless you're pretty popular)
- Fox hound (same as above)
- Histeria (Histeria may mean something else, like w:Histeria)
- Cyber shadow
- Hadouken → Dragon Ball (doesn't make sense)
- Shoryuken → Fire Punch (doesn't make sense)
- Dragon punch → Fire Punch (doesn't make sense)
- Arrow (ambiguous)
- Jpw (is your scheme idea that popular? (notability problem))
- Missile (ambiguous)
- Lg → Low Gravity (doesn't make sense)
- Frag → Cluster Bomb (doesn't make sense)
- Holy nade
- Woman (ambiguous)
- Ice (ambiguous)
- Armagedom (implausible typo, IMO)
- Worms armagedom (implausible typo, IMO)
- Suden death (implausible typo, IMO)
- 1hp histeria (implausible typo, IMO)
- 1 hp histeria (implausible typo, IMO)
- Arsenal hysteria (implausible typo, IMO)
- Skip (doesn't make sense)
- Ming vaze (implausible typo, IMO)
--Explorer09 13:40, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
I was just trying to make easy to go to the pages, sorry if i created problems. Next time i will ask before making a lot of things like that. Delete anything that you think that is not good to the wiki. FoxHound 00:54, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- I knew that already, deleting a redirect is harmful, so that's why I list only some of them instead of all. --Explorer09 13:08, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
Following up to our discussion on WormNET: we looked at WSDB and couldn't see anything wrong with it. Could you specify an example of a scheme that WSDB should accept but mangles it instead? --Vladimir 06:46, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
Schemes that have different weapons power, and some other settings are not uploaded well. Different weapons power can set the fuel of a jetpack, can set a rubber setting, can set a smaller/bigger crater of explosives.
My scheme "jet pack war" for exemple. When you upload the scheme: "Sudden death water rise speed 19 is invalid."
My scheme "1HP Hysteria" can be uploaded, but the corrections make the scheme very unhappy:
"Valid scheme file, but some corrections were needed:
- Fixed power of Bazooka (was 10).
- Fixed power of Homing Missile (was 10).
- Fixed power of Mortar (was 10).
- Fixed power of Grenade (was 10).
- Fixed power of Cluster Bomb (was 10).
- Fixed power of Banana Bomb (was 10).
- Fixed power of Handgun (was 10).
- Fixed power of Shotgun (was 10).
- Fixed power of Uzi (was 10).
- Fixed power of Air Strike (was 10).
- Fixed power of Napalm Strike (was 10).
- Fixed power of Land Mine (was 10).
- Fixed power of Fire Punch (was 10).
- Fixed power of Dragon Ball (was 10).
- Fixed power of Kamikaze (was 10).
- Fixed power of Prod (was 14).
- Fixed power of Blowtorch (was 10).
- Fixed power of Pneumatic Drill (was 10).
- Fixed power of Dynamite (was 10).
- Fixed power of Sheep (was 10).
- Fixed power of Baseball Bat (was 10).
- Fixed power of Flame Thrower (was 10).
- Fixed power of Homing Pigeon (was 10).
- Fixed power of Mad Cow (was 10).
- Fixed power of Old Woman (was 10).
- Fixed power of Sheep Launcher (was 10).
- Fixed power of Super Sheep (was 10).
- Fixed power of Mole Bomb (was 10)."
Any Rubber Scheme cannot be played with HostingBuddy:
"Valid scheme file, but some corrections were needed:
Fixed crate probability of Mail Strike (was 136)." FoxHound 01:19, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
EDIT: If you look Worms Scheme Database here in WKB, you'll see that i put this ending to the text: "The new scheme options of the latest versions and RubberWorm's schemes will loose the modern settings when uploaded.". FoxHound 01:42, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, but I'm going to tell you that you made some typos too often. I mean this one:
- hystory (wrong) → history (correct)
Would you please not make such mistake again? --Explorer09 09:58, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- It is a problem of mine, I always forget something in my edits, even if I review it for minutes or if I read the entire article again. I have problems with my attention even in real life, my psychologist said that maybe I have a little bit of Attention deficit. It's a problem in the studies and also in the car too. FoxHound 01:48, 3 August 2010 (UTC) (typos corrected by Explorer09 05:42, 3 August 2010 (UTC))
- Maybe you can get an editor (I mean a software, not person) that automatically corrects your typos when typing English. My browser, Safari, has such feature. --Explorer09 05:42, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I've read your and CyberShadow's post there, and I don't know if I can calm you down. I do believe that you should stop editing for a while, lest you bother CyberShadow to view your edits. However, I don't think CyberShadow was meant to offend you - he just can't stand looking at those mistakes you made to his wiki. (I did realise that he does not have a good temper, see my mistake here) Leave him a few days/weeks to relieve, and things should be OK.
You can still leave comments in the talk pages in the meantime. Talk pages don't hurt articles and sometimes help. Don't rush to edit anything for now - your attention-deficit is (I guess) likely to make mistakes.
(CyberShadow please don't reply to this comment, you tell us to leave you alone and I'll leave you) --Explorer09 16:09, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Any Helps (Foxhound)
Yo! This is from your biggest fan, DumbBongChow! XD I'll try to help you find any grammar or typo problems, but note that I'm bad at English for a guy who lives in USA. Under this subject, I may ask you some questions regarding how to edit articles in different ways. I'm still very new to editing, and I need your help on how to upload files. I also need to know how to put comment with time and person stated especially under user talk easily. You can give your responses on my user talk. By the way, you can help me on articles I've edited on. =)
- I'm not so good with the editions, but I will help you with anything that I can do. I think that the other editors will help you too, because this is a wiki after all. My suggestions for you who is beginning to edit here are:
- This page is VERY important, you should look it everytime you visit the wiki.
- Clicking on the edit button will show the wiki language of a page. This is very good to learn how to use the templates that were created by editors of this wiki (You don't need to save the page after viewing the wiki language, just copy the text part that you need and modify whatever is necessery.
- Read my talk page (this one). I think that it is a good reference for who is beginner here. You will understand many things that the boss (CyberShadow) and the other editors won't agree.
- Preview a page before saving it. This will not flood the RecentChanges page, and will give less work for the other editors.
- About uploading files, I suggest you to just put the correct template text, like: [[Image:name_of_your_image.png|thumb|blahblahblah]] and click on the red link (it will appear after previewing or saving the page) to upload a file. I think that this is the easier way.
- To sign your posts just type "~" four times: "~~~~". This: "~" is called tilde. You can also sign clicking a button, as it was said to you by the other editors already.
- Don't forget that the editors aren't always with the same mood. Sometimes you are kidding or without bad intentions and the others might see it with a mistaken point of view.
- Don't forget that in a wiki your decision to edit something is not enough, the others need to accept it. And if they do not agree with you, they will probably undo your edit. I suggest you to disscuss on talk pages before doing a bold edit.
- When you edit something, write what you edited on the summary bar to the others understand easily what you did. If the edit is not so significant you can mark it as a minor edit.
- Everything about wiki language here.
- About my english any help will be good. FoxHound 00:44, 28 April 2011 (CEST)
- Thank you very much for your help correcting my english on my user page, DumbBongChow. FoxHound 07:13, 28 May 2011 (CEST)
- Your welcome mate. =) DumbBongChow 22:55, 28 May 2011 (CEST)
Hi! I made one of your ideas come true. :) Check here for details: http://px.worms2d.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=405 --StepS 19:41, 10 January 2012 (CET)
- Wow, very good job, this will be great for parachute races or to make the worms surf a lot to only one side always with Rubberworm's wind feature. I was just wondering where I suggested this idea, I remember that I suggested this idea somewhere, but I can't find it. I had the idea about making wind permanent reading this (franz idea), but there is no comment of mine there, so I'm confused. --FoxHound 20:47, 10 January 2012 (CET)
- Ahhhhhh, now I remember! Of course! How could I have forgotten this? Thanks for helping me to remember (lol), I was searching in Worms Unlimited heheh. Congratulations to your new released work, it will be very nice, Permanent Wind! BTW, I commented in PX forum about it. --FoxHound 21:17, 10 January 2012 (CET)