From Worms Knowledge Base
|W:A replay: Cool 3v3 match among experienced players|
|Download · Info|
|Specially designed map|
Examples at the WMDB
|3-6 per Fort. Can be played 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3.|
Mole Fort (sometimes Mole Forts) is a scheme that combines the themes of the Fort and Mole Shopper schemes. Two teams of players each occupy an island, comprising a solid block of land with some small holes for worms to start in. Players begin with a very limited selection of tools and weapons and must collect them from crates, digging caves within their fort to allow space for crates to appear.
Players start by placing their worms onto one of the forts. The first player to do so can choose which of the two forts their team shall occupy.
The aim of the game is to create space for crates to randomly spawn on the players' side of the map, but at the same time keep the fort in a defensible condition. As more crates appear throughout the game, the players get access to a variety of weapons. Players must generally expect everything from the hostile fort.
There are no rules. Unlike in the Fort scheme, invasions of any kind are allowed.
The scheme is not currently supported by HostingBuddy.
Experienced players will be familiar with the scheme's principle strategies:
- Make space for crates. Turn your fort into your own military factory! Blow big holes in your fort to attract crates, and if you attract more than your opponent then you may well be the first to find super weapons that can destroy your enemy. Some weapons like the Old Woman cannot be used long-range and may serve a better purpose in creating caves in your own fort.
- Blast holes in the roof. Many thrown weapons will bounce into the enemy fort and cause chaos, providing there are holes to throw them into. Destroy their roof and they will be vulnerable.
- Prepare a landing zone in the side of the enemy fort. The two forts are usually placed too far apart to be reached directly using the parachute. In order to land on the enemy's fort, try shooting the fort's wall with a gun. This provides nooks to land inside when travelling over by parachute. If the pockmarks are distributed all the way to the top of the wall, you can then climb them upwards and access the fort directly for an attack (failing that, just blowtorch inside and wait for the next turn - assuming you survive the counterstrike). The single flight may take 25-30 seconds of your turn, so careful timing is important.
- Making a landing zone as you invade. If you don't want to show your hand, you can invade and make a landing zone on the very same turn. Face your worm to the enemy fort, float over on the parachute, and you close in on the enemy fort's wall, release a mole bomb and let him dig your way into the fort. You will need to wait for the next turn to attack, but the mole's tunnel can provide a safe nest for your intruder.
- Make a bridge. Build girders between the forts and you'll be able to invade with ease. Careful positioning is recommended, since the enemy may use it against you.