From Worms Knowledge Base
Er... Run... you clearly haven't checked out the Mad cows page have you?
Actually, this page would be better for the proper article due to the capitalisation in the title. Any easy way of swapping them around?--Melon 04:52, 9 February 2008 (MST) EDIT: Er.... sorry, ignore me. It seems you were in the middle of swapping them around WHEN I posted this.
talk page from Mad cows
I have only written one section of this page so far, but it's supposed to lay out how detailed weapon logic should look. If you want to write a section on a weapon, look at how I wrote the Mad cows section. Also, there are some very useful facts about bugs and loopholes in the update readmes and more info on RunForYourLife's code factoids page.
Also, don't hesitate to check values I've TODOed in my Mad cows section. :P
(By the way, since this is the first talk page created on this wiki, newbies might like to know that the easy way to sign your post is to write four tildes in a row, like ~~ ~~ without the space.)
Lex 19:16, 6 July 2006 (MST)
Some things on this page are plain wrong... DC did mention that he fixed the cow-doubling glitch. Quoted:
- Cow-doubling glitch is currently disabled. In the future this may be turned into an option.
Also, according to the beta update readme, a number of cows set above 5 probably won't release an infinite number of cows:
- Using a Fuse/Herd of 0 or above 5 (a Herd of 0 allowed a player to unleash an unlimited number of Mad Cows, even if only one was possessed)
Also, where did the values 5.21% and 7.29% come from, if you don't mind me asking? I can lend my wkDebug module to any serious researcher that needs to inspect object coordinates/velocities.
Finally, let's not forget about the editing toolbar - especially the <nowiki> tag and the signature button:
--Vladimir 21:46, 6 July 2006 (MST)
Ah, I did not see that first quote in the readme because I was searching for "mad cow". Also, I misinterpreted the second quote, I suppose. I will be more careful next time. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
The grenade powers came from RunForYourLife's code factoids page, which got them from a post by Deadcode on the Team17 forums.
Lex 06:07, 7 July 2006 (MST)
Someone needs to make this page like he other weapons pages, and have the current contents under a weapon logic subheading Muzer 19:42, 23 March 2007 (EET)
Reverted all of FoxHound's edits mentioning this trick, for the following reasons:
- It applies to all projectile-based weapons, not just animals. You can fire a bazooka straight down or even at an angle slightly towards the wall when on an edge. I don't think it can be considered a weapon-specific "trick" or "glitch", but rather a part of the game mechanics - a consequence of the worm's mask being larger than that of most projectiles.
- The edit introduces the inconsistency that it links to another weapon page, as opposed to a subpage of Tricks and glitches (second generation) for all previous entries.
--Vladimir 17:56, 2 May 2011 (CEST)
- Well, what you wrote makes a lot of sense. But at least for the cows, the "trick" or the "tip" (I don't know how I can call that), is pretty useful, and some people don't know about this. If the image of the "trick" will not be used, even as a tip, I think it can be deleted. I'm sorry for the work I gave to you. FoxHound 13:44, 3 May 2011 (CEST)