Talk:Old Main Page
From Worms Knowledge Base
I've decided against categories for the knowledge base. Categories are required only when the articles aren't hierarchically linked - however, this isn't the case here since information is strictly categorized on the respective pages (e.g. WKB -> W:A -> Game logic/internal stuff -> File formats -> .BIT). So categories would simply add the overhead and nuisance to maintain all articles from a respective category in the category itself. Also the category pages don't make any sense since the categorizing pages already ARE a list of articles in the "category".
User:Run! (contributions) tried to add a set of categories that perform a different type of categorization. For example, Graphics directory (the file format) and the programs WA directory editor and WormsBackup are both in Category:Directories; although these articles do have something in common, it is very unlikely for someone to actually use this category navigation system to navigate around the wiki - and so, such a loosely defined category system doesn't add much structure to the wiki.
Instead, how about using a template to specify the parent article? Check out Sandbox for an example.
- Vladimir 11:46, 23 July 2006 (MST)
- I think that's a great idea, CyberShadow. It's pristine! Marvelous! Lex 12:53, 23 July 2006 (MST)
Why did you delete the worms fan game 0pages?
- Not having deleted those pages, I can't answer that question definitively, but the delete log can. --Madewokherd 22:01, 13 September 2006 (MST)
I asked an admin to do so, because nobody wanted to contribute. If you miss it, i suggest to readd it for yourself. Evilworm2
Reverting Muzer's edit regarding the smiley. This is not some professional organization's wiki. We still want an aura of friendship. --Vladimir 01:41, 23 September 2006 (MST)
Hi, is there any link beetwen recorded demos and the traffic of network of WA when playing on NET? Im thinking of making a program that log the network traffic while playing... anyone know about it anything?
- There are wiki pages on the in-game network protocol and replay files, but there's not enough information there to say how they relate. --Madewokherd 16:53, 1 February 2007 (EET)
User:Deeped ááá thx, I didnt see that page but its really not enough. Hm is this section being updated? Or its over?
- Currently, converting from network logs to replay files is a complicated task, quite difficult to achieve without the source code. If you are just intending to log network traffic, you could use a free program, like Wireshark--Vladimir 03:54, 2 February 2007 (EET)
Comprehensive Weapons Lists
If you're trying to collect as much information about the 2D worms games as possible, how about a page detailing each weapon/utility and tips and advice on how to use them? While I understand that anything involving 'tips and tricks' is usually a matter of opinion rather than fact, I think it would be useful for new players of Worms in helping them to grasp using the weapons and use them more effectively. What do you think?
Perhaps we could have a seperate page for each weapon, and it may be possible to instead of having a list of links to them, you could have a table that is cunningly disguised as the in-game weapon inventory by placing their icons as links in the table. If you agree I could try it out and see what it looks like. I'm hoping their won't be gaps inbetween the images.--Melon 13:25, 19 March 2007 (EET)
- I'm mentioning this here rather than on the Game logic page because I mentioned it here first. You'll notice that I've started making a table for all the weapons and utilities, where you click on the icons to go to that page, and it's really cool. Unfortunately, it ignores everything else, so I've had to move the weapons section to the bottom of the page to prevent it covering the rest of the page. Anybody know how to fix that? I think it's to do with the clickpic template I added for it. Also, do you think such a funky table deserves it's own page? Maybe somebody could make one for Worms 2 as well. I don't have Worms 2 anymore so I can't rip the sprites from the game unfortunately.--Melon 01:05, 22 March 2007 (EET)
- Fixed. --Vladimir 02:14, 22 March 2007 (EET)
Is it just me or are the dates in the wiki (I've noticed them in the recentchanges page) completely spazzed up? I mean, this isn't Doctor Who! Muzer 10:04, 29 May 2007 (EEST)
- Oh, WTF????? They're back to normal now! This is weird!
- Yeah, that happens time to time... no idea why. --Vladimir 10:16, 29 May 2007 (EEST)
Hello new domain. :)
Then, I'd like to throw in a thought on better presentation of this fancy domain. :) Wouldn't it make sense to make Worms Knowledge Base the main page, and have a page with miscellaneous links for stuff like Worms Unlimited?
Also, the plan was to merge WAHELP, so that'd mean the wiki would become a resource for non-technical users as well. I think it makes sense to reorganize pages like Worms Armageddon to more clearly separate technical stuff from stuff that'd actually benefit regular users.
Discuss! --Glide 02:45, 5 June 2007 (MST)
- That was precisely the plan. I'll do the front-page stuff when I'm more sure about the wiki's stability/integrity and security. --Vladimir 09:53, 5 June 2007 (MST)