User:CyberShadow/Worms Armageddon ReadMe (English)/v18.104.22.168 Beta Update
From Worms Knowledge Base
< User:CyberShadow | Worms Armageddon ReadMe (English)
Revision as of 06:30, 20 March 2011 by ReadmeBot (Automatic Readme conversion (2011-03-20 08:29:34.531000))
v22.214.171.124 Beta Update (2010.11.16)
- [DC] In emulation, /version messages, and Export Log output, W:A v126.96.36.199 incorrectly called the test versions "v188.8.131.52[BattyRope8]" and "v184.108.40.206[TestStuff8]" "v220.127.116.11[BattyRope7]" and "v18.104.22.168[TestStuff7]", respectively. It incorrectly called "v22.214.171.124[BoomRacing]" simply "v126.96.36.199", whereas it incorrectly called "v188.8.131.52" itself an empty string, "".
- [CS] Some features specific to internal testing (alpha) builds were accidentally left in v184.108.40.206.
- [CS] The game would sometimes crash during the worm death explosion animation, if the Russian language was selected.
- [CS] Sometimes, when exiting from a network game as a client, W:A would ask for a confirmation after switching to the front end. This only occurred if the "Back" button has been clicked (without actually leaving the game) since joining the current network game.
- [CS] On some systems, there was no sound in the front end in W:A v220.127.116.11. Starting with v18.104.22.168, W:A checks if the sound parameters requested by W:A are supported by the sound card's DirectSound driver. On some systems, the DirectSound driver incorrectly reported the sample rate used by W:A as out of range of its hardware secondary sound buffer sample rate specifications. W:A now does not check if the desired sample rate is within these specifications.
- [CS] If front end audio initialization failed, minimizing and restoring the game in the front end would result in various graphical artefacts, such as a mostly-black screen with white text and missing mouse cursor. This problem appeared for all users affected by the above problem.
- [CS] A redundant display mode change is now avoided when launching replay playback.
- [CS] On some systems, attempting to extract videos from replays at certain resolutions failed with a front end video initialization error message.
- [CS] The Russian file type description for .WAgame files was not being correctly registered.
- [CS] The Hungarian characters introduced in v22.214.171.124 could not be typed in the front end.
- [CS] The WormNET news window was being cleared when returning from a game.
- [CS, DC] LAN games hosted by v126.96.36.199 were only joinable via Direct IP due to Game ID checks and the fact that all versions before and including v188.8.131.52 did not send a correct Game ID for LAN games. Both problems have been fixed — v184.108.40.206 LAN hosts are now joinable by v220.127.116.11+ clients, and v18.104.22.168 LAN hosts are now joinable by older (v22.214.171.124 and earlier) clients.
- [CS] On some systems, the smooth background gradient was not being rendered properly on very tall maps.
- [CS] Map complexity and randomness
- [CS] In v126.96.36.199, loading a particular .BIT or .LEV map caused mouse-click terrain generation to iterate through the same sequence of random maps every time that same map was loaded (either by the local user, by another user who downloaded that map, or by the host of an online game which the user joined). This behaviour is now changed — the sequence of generated maps will be different each time the respective W:A screen is opened, regardless of the initial map.
- [CS] Worms Armageddon will no longer store the RNG seed used for map generation and other tasks in the registry. Instead, a new seed is generated on each start, using a cryptographically random buffer. This removes any possibility of persistent effects on a W:A installation's RNG.
- [CS] When trying to connect to a v188.8.131.52+ game with a v184.108.40.206+ client using an incorrect Game ID, W:A will now show an appropriate error message instead of "Max Players".
- [DC] The "team (player) forced out by reason" message that is printed in red in the in-game chat, and also printed in Export Log, is now more descriptive in cases where the cause may be a HostingBuddy bug or message injection.
- [CS] The Italian translation for the "Prod" weapon has been changed from "Pungolo" (in the front end) and "Bastone" (in-game) to "Spintarella".
- [CS] A slider has been added to the map editor, which allows controlling the range of complexity in randomly generated maps. This slider affects map generation outside the map editor as well, but not for Quick CPU and Deathmatch games (which will continue to be generated at maximum complexity). By default, the slider is set to the maximum complexity level, similar to the behaviour in versions v220.127.116.11 to v18.104.22.168.
- [CS] A new registry script, ResetRegistryOptions.reg, has been added. Importing this script will reset all Worms Armageddon options from the Windows registry. The Reset button in Advanced Options (added in v22.214.171.124) also does this, but also clears the options stored in win.ini.