Worms Armageddon ReadMe (English)/v188.8.131.52 Beta Update
From Worms Knowledge Base
v184.108.40.206 Beta Update (2004.08.03)
- Bug in a feature introduced in v220.127.116.11: Some people experienced a jerky game, for a reason entirely unrelated to that which the timer workaround addressed. It was caused by the v18.104.22.168 fix "W:A no longer uses 100% CPU unnecessarily." and is now resolved; it turns out that in-game, 100% CPU usage only ever occurred while minimised; yet in v22.214.171.124, the fix was applied even when the game was in the foreground.
- Bug in a feature introduced in v126.96.36.199: To avoid distraction, the phone icon (which could swap sides at any time in v188.8.131.52) now only swaps sides while hidden.
- Fixes affecting game logic
- Bug introduced in v184.108.40.206: Instant replays could diverge from what actually happened, especially if roping or mines were involved. Through a loophole, this also allowed the offline use of slow motion. The possible earlier use of the loophole is now reported when playing back replays in which it was used (pull down the chat to see such messages).
- In v220.127.116.11, schemes that had been externally edited to give weapons power levels higher than 5 stars no longer worked in the same way as they had in earlier versions. This caused desyncs when playing back replays and playing online games using such schemes. Now, compatibility is restored, as long as the power levels lie within some "standard" ranges. All weapons must be <=20 stars; Mortar, Cluster Bomb, Banana Bomb, Air Strike and Napalm Strike must be <=15 stars; Skunk and Longbow must be <=10 stars; Axe must be <=5 stars. Schemes that break these limits will bring up a warning when loaded or when a replay is opened.
- Worms can now always dismount the Jet Pack or Parachute by pressing Space, whereas before, this was not possible in Artillery mode (in which worms are forbidden from walking or jumping).