From Worms Knowledge Base
|Keyboard selection:|| F10 (x1)|
|Standard effects:||Small crater; fire|
|Present in:||Worms 2, W:A, WWP|
The Petrol Bomb is a projectile weapon which is thrown like a grenade and explodes on impact. The petrol bomb has a very small explosion but releases a small quantity of fire which will try to spread on the ground from the explosion crater in both directions, being affected by wind and nearby explosions. Each turn the flames fade away a bit, shrinking in size. However, four and five turns after the Petrol Bomb was thrown, they are as small and sparse as they get, after which they disappear. Worms touching the flames will also gradually decrease the flames' size and thus their lifespan.
Note that in Worms 2, the fire doesn't stay between the turns and vanishes before the next turn starts.
- Petrol Bomb can be useful to delay an opponent. Since the flames continue for several turns, if in the correct place, it can force the enemy to spend a rope, a turn or at least a lot of turn time.
- It is useful if used under an enemy worm under Freeze effect. When the worm starts its turn it will be burned and will loose the turn.
Tricks and glitches
- When the invincible worms cheat is on, touching the flames will not end a worm's turn.
- Existing flames can be thrown around by explosions. The bigger the explosion, the longer-lasting and larger the affected flames will become.
- When in the smallest form, a few of the centermost initial flames can be walked over with no effect.
- A Petrol Bomb can be placed on a worm's head using the Ninja Rope.