Talk:Weapons (Worms Unlimited)
From Worms Knowledge Base
Man, the Minigun is sweet. You can wipe a worm with it in seconds, no matter the distance; if you're in front of him, it's asta la vista, baby. It's big and powerful.
These big resolutions just ruin everything. Worms are big, not small. And the world is huge. Miniguns are heavy, they spew a lot of bullets and can completely annihilate somebody. When you walk around with a Minigun, your feet slowly sink into the ground if you walk slowly; it flattens your spine and injures your tendons. I don't know if you ever found a Minigun in a crate in your life before, but if you didn't, stop messing around and telling everybody how cheap and useless they are.
- Didn't you get the idea from the article? If you love Minigun, you can replace all the Uzis with Miniguns in your scheme. The idea is that you shouldn't add a new weapon that shares the functionality of another weapon. --Explorer09 01:50, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure it's appropriate to list the author for these weapons ideas. For a start, most of the weapons I wrote up weren't my original ideas! - I just adapted them from things I found on forums and such. I suppose the stylistic approach I use to describe them is my work, but it seems misleading to list the author as it implies I thought the idea up.
But more importantly, I think, is that gives the articles an "ownership" that discourages others from making their own suggestions and variations to an idea they didn't start. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather see the idea pages resemble a hodge-podge of possible quirks and concepts than a fixed, immutable idea. Run! 13:50, 12 October 2010 (CEST)
- I started that "author" column, actually, when I saw someone other than you started suggesting weapons. (First Hosma293, then Snicklin and FoxHound.) My intention was to separate what was written by you and what by others. However, I think now it could be changed to something like "credits" that, of course, to people you knew that gave you the weapon ideas. --Explorer09 15:24, 12 October 2010 (CEST)
- I think some weapon ideas vary greatly in quality when comparing the author... As for Run's concern, we could simply replace 'Run' in the author column with 'Worms Unlimited', or something. --Vladimir 15:54, 12 October 2010 (CEST)
- That would certainly be an improvement. As would changing the column heading to 'credit'. I may begin putting some of the articles into a more appropriate wiki format, and copyediting the articles that others have created. Run! 11:58, 13 October 2010 (CEST)
I don't know if this helps. --Explorer09 17:21, 16 October 2010 (CEST)
This page has been copied
--Explorer09 15:31, 12 October 2010 (CEST)
I think this page needs a guideline of ideas to suggest and those not to suggest.
For example, an idea not to be included is "if the idea is identical to a weapon that already exists"because "The only possible point of having a weapon that is essentially a clone of another weapon is the variety that comes with different sprites - which isn't really good enough to justify to space taken up in the weapons inventory or the extra pages on the Weapons Editor." 
Any thoughts? --Explorer09 14:44, 6 April 2011 (CEST)
- Feel free to propose the merge of similar weapon ideas (e.g. using Wikipedia-like "suggested merge" boxes). The issue is that this page is probably the most appropriate place for anyone to post weapon ideas. Now that we've added authors to the weapon list, I'm not sure that we should enforce strict quality guidelines (as in, discourage users from contributing unless they agree to maintain the standard - which would involve familiarizing themselves with all existing weapon ideas), but rather simply encourage consistency. --Vladimir 01:02, 7 April 2011 (CEST)