Mike's Carpet Bomb
From Worms Knowledge Base
|Mike's Carpet Bomb|
|Keyboard selection:|| F10 (x4)|
|Standard effects:||Explosives from above|
|Present in:||Worms 2, W:A, WWP|
Mike's Carpet Bomb, or simply the Carpet Bomb, is an airstrike weapon that drops five bouncing rolls of carpet on the terrain from the back of Mike's van. The carpets explode with each bounce, and finally disappear on about the fifth contact with terrain.
Tips and tactics
- As this weapon uses the mouse cursor, it can be used to point something on the map to other players.
Tricks and glitches
- Mike's Carpet Bomb may be fired without aiming.
- It's possible to preselect the Carpet Bomb's target mid-jump.
- The weapon is a skit on military carpet bombing, which is the dropping of a large quantity of small bombs over a wide area to create a "carpet" of destruction.
- It is named after Mike's Carpets, a longstanding carpet-retail business in Yorkshire.