Emulating Worms Armageddon
From Worms Knowledge Base
If you cannot get Worms Armageddon working using conventional methods, or your operating system is not supported, you can try emulating Worms Armageddon using a virtual machine.
The following guides describe the steps required to set up a virtual machine, a guest OS and W:A on various virtualization software packages:
- For Windows: VirtualBox, VMware Player, Virtual PC
- For Linux: Wine, VirtualBox, VMware Player
- For Mac OS X: VirtualBox, VMware Fusion, Parallels Desktop 4.0
- on Linux, Wine gives the best performance, as it doesn't have to emulate any hardware and an entire operating system;
- VirtualBox and VMware Player both show great performance (however, VMware Player is considerably harder to set up);
- Parallels Desktop 4.0 gives unmatchable performance on Mac OS X
- Microsoft Virtual PC offers mediocre performance (gameplay is not smooth, but still playable).