From Worms Knowledge Base
Nick Simberg (Season 1)
|Pilot:||24th October, 2011|
|Latest:||7th March, 2015|
|Links:|| Chainsawsuit Original|
Original YouTube Channel
PortsCenter is a webseries which looks at interesting and unique ports, conversions and re-releases of video games. The pilot episode launched on 24th October, 2011 and the show was successfully Kickstarted in August 2012 following an unsuccessful Kickstarter the previous year.
The show was created and is hosted and co-written by Ben Paddon, better known to the Worms community as Squirminator2k. The show was part of the Retroware network of YouTube shows from August 2013 to December 2014, and made its debut on Chainsawsuit Original in March 2015 with episode $040.
The first full season of 24 episodes began on January 28th, 2013 and wrapped up on December 28th, 2013. The second season began on February 25th, 2014 and finished on December 29th, totaling 15 episodes. Season 3 began on March 7th.
Links to Team17 the Worms series
- Episode #012 of the show's first season looks at the entire Worms series, from the game's initial release up to Worms Reloaded, omitting handheld releases. Special attention is given to the console ports of Worms, Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party. Worms: The Director's Cut is also briefly touched upon.
- Episode #018 of the first season focuses entirely on Worms: The Director's Cut and speaks on a technical level about the enhancements added to the game. The episode features usage of WormPrefs, the Sheep-on-a-Rope in use, and of Ben using the Graffiti Mode to draw what he describes as "a massive cock." This episode also includes footage from Worms 2, captured by GreeN. Episode #024 corrects an error mentioned in this episode with regards to the game's customization features.
- In episode #029, the PlayStation and Saturn ports of the original Worms are cited as examples of console ports that are identical to their PC counterparts, while the PlayStation version of Worms Armageddon is cited as an example of a port that has been cut down due to technical limitations. This is also explicitly stated to be the only mention of the franchise in season 2.
- Footage from the Worms table of Addiction Pinball is seen in episode #034.
- Episode #010 takes a look at the MS-DOS port of Team17's cult platform game Superfrog.
- Episode #037 follows on from this episode to look at the 2013 update, Superfrog HD.
- Team17 are mentioned in jest during episode #003 as the only company who cared about the Amiga circa 1994.
- Episode #007 looks at the Amiga port of Mortal Kombat, the music for which was produced by Allister Brimble who provided the music for many of Team17's early titles.
- Episode #039 looks at various ports of Lemmings, including Team17's own ports for the PSP and PlayStation 2, as well as their PlayStation 3 pseudo-sequel.