Sold-Out Software release (Worms Armageddon)
From Worms Knowledge Base
This version of the game can be identified by the contents of a certain file on the game CD.
Contents of /Data/Resource/version.txt:
This one is a bit different, as the autorun is set to "Setup.now.exe", which is standard for all post-2000 Sold-Out Software releases. It is a kind of "launcher", where you can install the program (launches /Install/Install.exe), view the manual (launch manual.pdf), and do a few other things. This is what happens in the installer.
The installer appears to do the following:
- Extract group "Program Executable Files" from data1.cab to APPDIR
- Extract group "Europe Soundbank Editor" from data1.cab to APPDIR/User
- Copies /Install/Install/WA.exe from cd to APPDIR
- Copies /Data/Resources/LANGUAGE/readme.rtf to APPDIR
- Copies /Data/Resources/LANGUAGE/NAMES.WDB to APPDIR/User
- Copies the directory /Data/User/Speech/English/ to create APPDIR/User/Speech. does this change if the language changes?
- Creates empty directories Fanfare, SavedLevels, Schemes, and Support in APPDIR/User.
- Writes the following to the registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Worms2.Exe] @='''APPDIR'''"\\Worms2.Exe" "Path"='''APPDIR''' [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Team17 Software Ltd.] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Team17 Software Ltd.\Worms Armageddon] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Team17 Software Ltd.\Worms Armageddon\1.00.000] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon] "PATH"='''APPDIR''' [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon\Data] "SubLogicSeed"=dword:00000000
- Sets up an uninstaller at APPDIR/Uninst.isu and makes an entry for Add/Remove programs
- Asks user if they wish to installs DirectX 6.
- Adds links to its group in the start menu:
- Read Me
- Sound Bank Editor
- Uninstall Worms Armageddon
- Worms Armageddon
- Adds a desktop shortcut to Worms Armageddon
The uninstaller appears to remove everything (including the folders) unless custom files are present, in which case it leaves the directories containing the custom file and the file itself intact.