From Worms Knowledge Base
|License:||Partial source avaliable|
wkMagic was a WormKit module, written by CyberShadow, which enhanced gameplay with a few new options. It was the first W:A extension which affected the game's state on a logic frame basis, allowing synchronized modified game behaviour in network games. As such, it can be considered as a predecessor to RubberWorm.
wkMagic was compatible only with W:A 220.127.116.11, the latest Beta version at the time of its creation.
wkMagic was configurable through setting certain values in scheme settings, and by encoding special information in a barcode-like fashion on the bottom row of a map file. wkMagic Map Wizard was a program written by Hosma293 (a.k.a. Aerolite), which allowed map authors to easily encode wkMagic settings into their maps.
- Spawn all worms at a certain position at the game start (for rope races)
- Respawn worms at the start position if they were to touch water
- Allow worms not to collide with (pass through) other worms ("phantom worms")
- Allow wind to affect roping and jumping worms
- Cause grenades which become stationary to explode with 0 damage (enforce "no sitters" rule of BnG)
- Allow placing over 40 mines on the terrain (the mine limit in 18.104.22.168 was still 8) (for Bows and Arrows)