From Worms Knowledge Base
Aren't all ranks available here? http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=good&area=play&play=menu#sing
--Explorer09 05:49, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
- Yes they are, i never read that page before. Should this WKB page be removed? FoxHound 05:57, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
Strategies / Tips section
I was thinking about adding such a section for a while, but I don't think it will be good if only my tips appear. So I put them here for now, feel free to comment them or to add more tips (I know some of them may sound like common sense, but I still mention them, in case):
- Start the game by killing worms near water (don't waste a baseball bat on a worm that can be killed with a fire punch; fire punch + low gravity can be a good alternative to the bat, but there again think before doing that because you only have a single Low Gravity).
- Better use powerful weapons on piles (CPU worms tend to pile a lot!); also don't forget death explosion damage when attacking them.
- Have a good team weapon (Super Sheep/Homing Pigeon/Holy Hand Grenade/Mad Cows/Flame Thrower?) - I personnally prefer the third one, but not sure if it is really the best.
- Don't forget to pile with CPU worms, especially in levels where you have way less worms than CPU: they would not hit their mates, especially if they belong to their team.
I might add more in the future as well. --LeTotalKiller 22:52, 14 November 2012 (CET)
- I was thinking about adding a strategy section too, the idea is great, but I was a bit lazy to do it hehe. Some strategies however are useful not only for Suddendeath, but for almost all conventional gameplay schemes, so maybe this section could be a section in another page or a new page (for example "Playing against CPU"). Another very good strategy that I use when playing Elite rank is to dig a lot, hide for a long time, don't waste air strike/napalm until Sudden Death, etc.
- BTW, thanks for your optimization of my poor english on this page. --FoxHound 23:24, 14 November 2012 (CET)
- Now I noticed that the link Explorer09 showed above on this talk page (the first link that appears) has a big text with tips for Deathmatch... --FoxHound 23:40, 14 November 2012 (CET)
- Hmm,I didn't notice that either... I still think it would be a nice addtion to this article though, because on that page you only have a single person's tips, whereas here they could be contributed by several people (I do know there are not so many contributors though; but, in the other hand, I'm not sure this T17 website page is well known). --LeTotalKiller 18:39, 15 November 2012 (CET)
- I think we could create this section, we might add some different info, and the page would be more complete. If someone dislike the idea and think that it is completely unnecessary, the section can be removed.--FoxHound 00:43, 16 November 2012 (CET)
By the time more people contribute ideas, I add new tip ideas I've just found (I can't think of good examples of how to apply the first one, maybe it's just impossible?):
- Remember that CPU worms can't move very well (no backflips, jetpacks or ninja ropes), thus blocking them in a particular spot (preferrably a dangerous one or a pile) should help.
- If there is an enemy worm hidden near the water, then saving your Homing Missile to kill him could come in handy.
- Although Longbow may appear as a weak weapon, it is actully a very good weapon to make many worms at once slide to the water; you even have 2 shots per turn with it!
- (Preferring Shotgun over Uzi to kill a 46-50 HP worm, especially if there's no wall right behind.)
(Not sure if weapon-specific tips can fit in the article, because maybe they should instead be mentioned on the respective weapons' page.) --LeTotalKiller 21:34, 16 November 2012 (CET)