From Worms Knowledge Base
|Creation date or year:||15 July 2008|
WormsQuoteDatabase (also known as WQDB) was originally set up by Rioter in 2008 for wormers to submit quotes. The WQDB was designed to be similar to the global Bash.org Quote Database, but for the use of the Worming community.
Currently the features on WQDB are
- People can submit quotes to the database
- People can vote up or down a quote
- People can flag inappropriate quotes
- There is a page listing the Top Quotes and the Bottom Quotes
- There is a Latest page, showing recent additions
- There is a search engine for people to look for keywords
The current quotes are from people mainly in #Worms, and imports from First Blood quote thread.
Currently, the WQDB is based on a version of RASH.
As of August 2008, NickyNick has been developing a new version of WormsQuoteDatabase along with Rioter, which aims to be easier to use than the current version, and new features will be appearing, such as screenshot submissions. This has though been put on hold as NickyNick has not been seen for a while.
The domain name wqdb.org was also purchased to coincide with WMDB
As of December 2008, the site now includes a "My Quotes" section, showing quotes under the user's IP address, and the site has a small downloads area, where users can download commonly used apps like RubberWorm and so on.