From Worms Knowledge Base
WormKit is an extension framework for Worms Armageddon, which consists of a module loader, and a set of modules, each with a different purpose.
There are currently 5 publicly released WormKit modules, out of which 4 come with the default WormKit distribution. They are:
- WormNAT - allows hosting games even if you're behind a router or firewall. See the WormNAT home page for more information.
- DirectWormNET - go straight to #AnythingGoes on WormNET as soon as Worms loads;
- FileOverride - override files from the CD-ROM with your versions;
- AntiKeyboardHook - stop Worms from disabling Alt+Tab / Win+... keyboard combinations.
The following module was written by Glide:
- ReplayShark - allows users to build a directory of classic worms moments simply by pressing a button every time something cool happens.
WormKit was first released on April 5, 2006. Since its release, no significant changes or additions were made to the framework (with the exception of ReplayShark). There was some work on additional modules, including an anti-cheating system (wkWormisign) and a Fiddler-like scripted game engine add-on (wkMagic) - however, none reached a development phase mature enough to be released, and thus the ideas were dropped.