From Worms Knowledge Base
Revision as of 11:34, 29 August 2021 by Kobaryo (updated download link)
(Up to WormKit)
|Supported W:A version:||3.8.1|
|Supported W:A editions:|
|Download:||wkToolAssist v. 0.1.0 (13.2 MB)|
This WormKit that implements some features present in Tool Assisted WA Builds by Deadcode.
- Adjust game speed at any time
- Set checkpoints to rollback game state
- Step frame forward/backward
- Show trajectories of moving worms, projectiles and mines
- Record .wagame replays in a format compatible with stock WA
- To prevent abuse, the module comes bundled with a special version of WA.exe with disabled network functionality. The module is closed source.
- Version 0.1.0 lacks the ability to edit existing replays. This feature is planned for version 0.2.0
- Recorded replays contain chat message about wkToolAssist being used
- Team flags are replaced with "TA" flag
- Extract ToolAssist.dll and TA_*.exe matching your WA version to your Worms Armageddon installation directory
- Launch TA_*.exe
- Keys 0-9 - set game speed to predefined values:
1: 1.0x, 2: 0.5x, 3: 0.25x 4: 0.15x 5: 0.1x 6: 0.05x 7: 0.025x 8: 0.0125x 9: 0.005x 0: stop time
- Keys + - increase/decrease game speed by 0.01x
- Keys [ ] step a single frame backward/forward
- Key S - save current frame as checkpoint
- Key R - restore game state to the last checkpoint
- Key Z - remove last checkpoint and restore state to the previous one
- Key ~ - revert game to frame 0 and start playing until the last checkpoint
Notes on keyboard inputs
- Game controls in stock WA are buggy at game speeds 0.25x and below. To fix this problem the module implements it's own keyboard handling logic and uses it at speeds <= 0.25x
- The custom key logic does not respect custom mappings used in wkRemapKeys
- Some keys such as space or enter are set as sticky - pressing them once remembers the state until the next time the key state is read by the game, usually on the next logic frame.
- To "unpress" sticky key, hold shift and press the keyboard key you want to unpress.
- The list of active keys is displayed in the screen corner