From Worms Knowledge Base
Worms : Open Warfare
Rolling back Muzer's edit ("Well, it is about all 2d worms games...") - no, it's not. This is only about the 2nd-generation Worms games (the games made on Worms 2's engine). If your generalization would apply, then we'd have to add all other 2D worms too, including Worms 1 (incl. Reinforcements, DC and whatever variants may have been) as well - all this is NOT within our scope. --Vladimir 11:57, 5 December 2006 (MST)
Worms 2's "official" icon (the one used for shortcuts and the like) is the one on the CD, the blue one with IIRC a "2" inside it, I would upload it but I'm on my Wii at the moment, could someone else do it? Muzer 15:05, 15 April 2007 (EEST)
- Resolved (thanks Bonz). --Vladimir 01:23, 17 April 2007 (EEST)
The games' pages should be split and organized into something like this:
Currently everything is just piled up here.
A "FAQ/troubleshooting" section would also be appropriate for games.
- The list of programmers/whatever is useless; people should be known by their deeds (program pages, etc). Also, it spawns some controversy (people that did a lot for the community but aren't coders are also important, etc.)
- Lists of things that apply to some games (e.g. software - some programs work with W:A/WWP, some only with W:A, etc.) should be merged. By each item, there should be small icons representing the games to which this item apply to
- more ideas?
--Vladimir 08:29, 23 June 2007 (MST)
- Yay for joint effort (even though I still had to do most of the work myself) :P --Vladimir 21:54, 25 June 2007 (MST)
Problems with resolution
The main page looks rubbish on things with a resolution less than 1024x768 (including 800x600 computers, windowed web browsers and the Wii), since the white table sticks out further than the "boundry". Maybe have it so the table wraps onto the next line, or the images shrink with lower resolutions, or simply make the images smaller.
- Known. Table cells can't wrap. The website was designed for viewing at 1024x768 or higher, which is appropriate today :) --Vladimir 19:16, 3 July 2007 (MST)
We need definite standards for weapon names which different people link to different things. Examples:
- Jetpack vs Jet Pack
- Airstrike vs Air Strike
- Firepunch vs Fire Punch
- Sheep Strike vs Confused Sheep Strike
- Mail Strike vs Postal Strike
- Carpet Bomb vs Mike's Carpet Bomb
- Bridge Kit vs Girder Stater Pack
- etc, the list goes on.
Muzer 14:31, 5 July 2007 (MST)
- It doesn't matter too much as long as the variations redirect. Oddly, the the game calls some weapons different things. Firstly there's the mouse-over text in the weapons panel, then there's the commentary text at the top of the screen, and then there's the mouse-over text in the weapons editor. In any case it's not worth worrying about it now - priority should be on content first, and we can deal with this later. Run! 00:20, 6 July 2007 (MST)
We're using a ton of those at the moment, eg screenshots of copyrighted software, logos, icons, boxart, etc. I think that at least that copyright should be acknowledged and the original author credited in the image description page. I'm not asking for thousands of license templates like Wikipedia has, just some acknowledgememt of the copyright and attribution of the author. Muzer 00:09, 8 July 2007 (MST)
- If you can be arsed, go ahead. I don't think any of the original copyright holders cares. --Vladimir 00:40, 8 July 2007 (MST)
I'd presume mentions of 3rd(that's when Worms returned to 2d, I guess) gen. titles are barred?
First things first: An incredibly large number of weapons from Run's Worms Unlimited articles were added in Worms: Open Warfare 2. Secondly, It seems pretty similar to the Worms 2 engine to me. Third off, and this is strictly unrelated, Worms on the DS recieved the butt end of the deal. —Preceding unsigned comment added by IcePacks (talk • contribs)
- I don't think many of the WKB editors are familiar with Worms games released for platforms other than the PC. And the engine is completely different, many say that it's much worse than W2's. --Vladimir 07:45, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- As far as i'm aware the original purpose of this wiki was to document technical info that was useful for CS and DC working on the WA updates (and any other people working on third party programs for WA). But yeah, as CS said, it's also true that nobody here really knows enough about those other incarnations to write anything substantive about them. Run! 17:49, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
Uh, I notice little difference between the one in Worms 2 and the one in Worms: Open Warfare 2. The one in open warfare 1 was rubbish. The only difference I see is a few added physics such as metal being thrown off by magnets. Worms still bounce off walls and slide about like they did in W2. As to the extent of said bouncing and sliding, I haven't taken the time to check. As with the familiarity, I understand completely. Since that is the case, we might as well drop it here and now. --IcePacks 21:01, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
AND non-Worms talk.
As far I am aware of, A Spore-Related Sonic game called F Sonic (Fort Sonic) is upcoming to the UK.