From Worms Knowledge Base
Worms : Open Warfare
Rolling back Muzer's edit ("Well, it is about all 2d worms games...") - no, it's not. This is only about the 2nd-generation Worms games (the games made on Worms 2's engine). If your generalization would apply, then we'd have to add all other 2D worms too, including Worms 1 (incl. Reinforcements, DC and whatever variants may have been) as well - all this is NOT within our scope. --Vladimir 11:57, 5 December 2006 (MST)
Worms 2's "official" icon (the one used for shortcuts and the like) is the one on the CD, the blue one with IIRC a "2" inside it, I would upload it but I'm on my Wii at the moment, could someone else do it? Muzer 15:05, 15 April 2007 (EEST)
- Resolved (thanks Bonz). --Vladimir 01:23, 17 April 2007 (EEST)
The games' pages should be split and organized into something like this:
Currently everything is just piled up here.
A "FAQ/troubleshooting" section would also be appropriate for games.
- The list of programmers/whatever is useless; people should be known by their deeds (program pages, etc). Also, it spawns some controversy (people that did a lot for the community but aren't coders are also important, etc.)
- Lists of things that apply to some games (e.g. software - some programs work with W:A/WWP, some only with W:A, etc.) should be merged. By each item, there should be small icons representing the games to which this item apply to
- more ideas?
--Vladimir 08:29, 23 June 2007 (MST)
- Yay for joint effort (even though I still had to do most of the work myself) :P --Vladimir 21:54, 25 June 2007 (MST)
Problems with resolution
The main page looks rubbish on things with a resolution less than 1024x768 (including 800x600 computers, windowed web browsers and the Wii), since the white table sticks out further than the "boundry". Maybe have it so the table wraps onto the next line, or the images shrink with lower resolutions, or simply make the images smaller.
- Known. Table cells can't wrap. The website was designed for viewing at 1024x768 or higher, which is appropriate today :) --Vladimir 19:16, 3 July 2007 (MST)
We need definite standards for weapon names which different people link to different things. Examples:
- Jetpack vs Jet Pack
- Airstrike vs Air Strike
- Firepunch vs Fire Punch
- Sheep Strike vs Confused Sheep Strike
- Mail Strike vs Postal Strike
- Carpet Bomb vs Mike's Carpet Bomb
- Bridge Kit vs Girder Stater Pack
- etc, the list goes on.
Muzer 14:31, 5 July 2007 (MST)
- It doesn't matter too much as long as the variations redirect. Oddly, the the game calls some weapons different things. Firstly there's the mouse-over text in the weapons panel, then there's the commentary text at the top of the screen, and then there's the mouse-over text in the weapons editor. In any case it's not worth worrying about it now - priority should be on content first, and we can deal with this later. Run! 00:20, 6 July 2007 (MST)