From Worms Knowledge Base
Poisoned worms will have a greener color to them, have a sad facial expression when idle and will moan, sneeze and cough at random times. Poisoned worms will also have their name and health box borders flash green.
Poison was introduced to the Worms series in Worms Armageddon.
Weapons that create the poisoning effect
Poison can be also triggered by Sudden Death, if the setting is on.
- The poisoning is useful to worms with good amounts of health. The poison will weaken their health slowly after each turn, making them easier to kill after a while.
- It is also useful for schemes with no health crates.
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- Make sure the poisoned enemy worm isn't close to a health crate. Health crates cure the worms instantly and the gained health loss is wasted.
- The poison cloud goes with the wind (with the exception of Nuclear Test, since the radiation affects everywhere) and can easily miss or hit your worms.
- A cut weapon originally planned to be in Worms Armageddon, the Gas Canister, was also meant to poison worms with gas. The weapon can still be accessed by modding.