From Worms Knowledge Base
| W:A replay: |
An example game of Paranoia
with StepS and MEDVEDxEvilPunk
|Download · Info|
|Specially designed maps (Direct download of .zip file containing 3 maps)|
|4 to 8 per team|
Paranoia is a scheme derived from Hysteria, with the turn time and hotseat delay each set to 0 seconds.
This unique feature requires players to hold down all the needed keys on their keyboard before their turn even starts - and not get too easily distracted in the chat. Players need to hold down the function key for a weapon, and the space bar to fire it, as well as an arrow key to switch direction if needed, and number key for setting a fuse for the grenade. Players also need to pay close attention, knowing exactly which of their worms is up next so that they can prepare for an effective shot - some players may number their worms so that they can remember their turn order more easily.
The scheme is usually played on a specially-designed map with very small platforms above a flat surface, on which worms are automatically placed at the beginning of the game. This provides a greater degree of freedom when firing a weapon, as moving to a more suitable vantage point is extremely difficult.
Differences to Hysteria
- Hotseat and turn time are 0 seconds.
- Jet Pack, Low Gravity, and Teleport are removed, because it's not possible to use them without any turn time.
- Dragon Ball replaces Fire Punch, as it has a greater range.
- There's no retreat time, except if you drop a mine (5 seconds).
- There are some instant mines around the map.
- Worms' health is 65 instead of 80.
The scheme is not known to have featured in any competitions since.
|This article has a to-do list:|