| Homing Missile
| Keyboard selection:
|| F1 (x2)
| Standard effects:
|| 50hp injury (max.), Small circular crater
| Present in:
|| Worms, Worms DC, Worms 2, W:A, WWP
| Power settings
The Homing Missile is launched like a Bazooka, and homes in on a target selected using the cursor prior to launch. The Homing Missile locks onto the target shortly after it is launched. The attraction is not particularly strong; the Homing Missile will often enter a large arcing path as it approaches the target, and if it does not collide with something, it will begin orbiting the target in an ellipse. The target marker eventually disappears and the attraction ends, leaving the Homing Missile to ordinary projectile motion.
- The Homing Missile does not sink; it can be fired underwater. If it goes too deep, however, it will disappear.
- With experience, it is fairly easy to judge how the arcing motion of the Homing Missile on any particular shot will affect its accuracy, allowing the player to compensate by placing the target marker a short distance away from the intended target.
- Can be fired from Ninja Rope, Jet Pack,Parachute and Bungee.
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- Judging the path of the Homing Missile is initially very difficult.
- The Homing Missile locks onto the target 0.5 seconds after launch.
- The target marker and the attraction disappear 6 seconds after launch.
- The Homing Missile explodes 10 seconds after launch.