From Worms Knowledge Base
|Keyboard selection:||F11 (x5)|
|Standard effects:||Bad injury to worms, Heavily damaged landscape|
|Present in:||W:A, WWP|
The Armageddon is a very powerful super weapon. When it is used, a great amount of flaming meteors will fall out of the sky, heavily damaging the landscape and badly hurting worms that are hit. Worms that are out in the open are at the greatest risk for damage.
This weapon always destroys most of the landscape (if not all) in random generated island maps. On big maps dug worms can sometimes survive without a hit. It also most of the time kills all of the worms if no-one is dug in to the landscape. On rare occasions a worm standing in the open can survive with pure blind luck.
More worms are likely to survive depending on the number of the worms.
- Before using the weapon, make sure you dig a worm or a two in the landscape to avoid a game draw. Beware, the enemy can also guess this and get his worm to safety.
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- Sometimes all your worms die (even though you got few to cover) and an enemy worm survives.
- This weapon is viewed often as a last resort, as the game occasionally ends up to a draw when all worms die.
- Using this weapon is blind luck: In multiplayer games the meteors never hit the same spot.
- The weapon is a super weapon and so it's chance of appearing in a crate follows the same rules as other super weapons.
- In missions with Armageddon, the meteors always hit the same spots. This is most likely programmed like this because random meteors makes the mission almost impossible, and to make the missions more based on skill and less luck.