From Worms Knowledge Base
Plainplane, I appreciate your effort at contributing to the wiki, however some your recent edits are causing more confusion and misinformation that good. The "Crate plop" glitch was already in the list of fixed glitches. The "dud mine and drill" bug is actually the "dud mine detonation" glitch listed below. I will clean up your edits, but please be more careful in the future. Also, please make use of the ParentArticle template - for an example, look at any other page. --Vladimir 14:53, 30 June 2007 (MST)
- Sorry, it was an oversight that I did not see the other article.
- Thank you for clarifying and I will keep that template in mind.
I am currently editing my articles using the template.
Plainplane, please could you use the preview button before submitting an edited article? I only say this because it spams up the recent changes and history logs for the pages. By previewing you only add 1 edit to the log rather than 4 or more. --Melon 06:54, 20 October 2007 (MST)
- I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I notice that after I think it looks good and save the page, I see something wrong, such as a mismatched section, or an incorrect header. I will try to avoid a reoccurrence. - Plainplane
- Melon, go to preference and under Recent Changes check the 'Enhanced' option... you'll find it makes it a lot tidier, as all changes on one article are grouped under a drop-down. Run! 12:59, 20 October 2007 (MST)
Plainplane, do you know who discovered "Method 1" of the "Girdering an Occupied Location" glitch, and when it was discovered? I'm very curious, because I co-discovered "Method 2" with BlizZard in May 2001 but I never knew about "Method 1" until happening upon the Wiki article today. —Deadcode 17:57, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Re: Girder Glitch
- I am unaware of how or when the first method was discovered, somebody taught it to me in a multiplayer game a few years ago. - Plainplane, 13, June 2009 15:09 EDT
- I believe I was the first one to discover the "Firing targeted weapons without aiming" glitch around October 2005 or earlier (I do not remember exactly). October 10, 2005 is the date of a 30+glitches&tricks replay that I posted on a forum, which demonstrated the trick, along with a few others I discovered. I first showed the Firing targeted weapons without aiming glitch to Lalo in WWP, along with many of it's variations (such as teleporting, from a rope, etc.). Before showing him what happens when you do it with an airstrike (causes an endless loop in WWP), and with a girder (Method 1 girder glitch); I had him promise not to show anyone else the 2 glitches. He agreed, but soon after leaked the information. This caused a lot of games to get ruined in WWP from abusing these 2 particular glitches. --Etho 17:08, 19 June 2009 (UTC)