From Worms Knowledge Base
| W:A replay: A Snooker match|
with DumbBongChow and FoxHound
|Download · Info|
|A blank map|
|At least 12 in total|
Snooker is a bizarre RubberWorm scheme without gravity. The worms float on the blank map and there's a break system for the inertia (that would crash the game, because the worms and the objects would be in movement forever): the air viscosity that activates friction in the air. The physics of the game is so different that requires the players a new way of moving: float to the left or to the right, jump to go up, bungee to go down, rope (only works attached on a girder) to better placement, jet pack to go faster and parachute to stop moving instantly. Fire is the only thing which is not affected by the gravity and the only thing that is affected by the wind. The unlimited Aqua Sheeps don't explode, but are useful to collect crates.
There are three ways to kill a worm in this scheme:
- Plop (twice in a row)
- Reach the stratosphere
Tips when using the weapons
- Kamikaze is interesting in the scheme because it can damage opponents without loosing the worm that used it. How? Antisink prevents the explosion of the kamikaze! On areas off the main area (where the girders are), kamikaze will act like the Suicide Bomber but without poison.
- Unbelievably, the Handgun can be very dangerous in this scheme, because it can push lots of intersected mines to worms, killing them.
- Sometimes the aim of the weapons is not appearing. Press up/down to make it appear.
- Some weapons like the Napalm, the Jet Pack and the Select Worm may not work when you are floating. To use them, jump and use parachute first, then use the weapon.
- Napalm and Petrol Bomb may plop worms if used twice in the correct timing.
- Minigun is rare but can easily plop a worm near the water. Also it can be useful to push worms up.
- Sheep Launcher can be aimed to the left or to the right to kill a worm that is near the stratosphere. The sheep will jump in the air and will reach far places in the sky.
The scheme was created by FoxHound in 2011 after several months editing the scheme with a lot of help of the following players: Fighter and DumbBongChow, contributing with several ideas, suggestions, tests and even creating a map for the scheme. The name of the scheme is Snooker because of the linear movements and because the objects are pushed by explosions, this way it is possible to fire one grenade with 5 seconds first and then fire another grenade with one second to push the first grenade. Also, the worms can receive multiple attacks before they stop moving.
Primitive Snooker scheme
|Download (.wsc) · View scheme settings|
|Specially designed map (example)|
|3 per team|
When Snooker was being developed, the scheme used to be played on closed WxW maps with two or three layers. This primitive version had a system to fix the inertia too: a small value of rubber (bounciness) to paste the worms on the wall, requiring closed maps. But the WxW maps had a problem: the graves take too many time to stop. So, specific maps were required to play using that scheme, and Fighter created this map to solve the graves problem without disturbing the use of Bungee (that needs a height to be activated). Creating those maps would be very complicated, the scheme was requiring very complex maps, so the idea of the Air Viscosity came and worked, so the scheme became playable even on blank maps that are perfect for it. Some adjusts were done and finally: Snooker was complete!
PX version (being developed)
Another version of Snooker will be realeased (it is already in development), using not only RubberWorm, but also Project X features to fix (lots of) problems and increase the possibilities and movement of the scheme. Some of the new PX weapons will be included.