From Worms Knowledge Base
Rather than being a landfill for every idea under the sun, this page is for specific ideas that most people would not normally have thought of. For example, a weapon idea or "more customisable [thing]" (or in fact any idea that begins with "more") is probably not appropriate here.
- WormNET buddy list, highlighting text from buddies in WormNET chat facilities
- Ability for a spectators to send team messages
- Ability to /ignore spectators
- Ability to store text data with map file, which when map is loaded, is printed out in host-join lobby chat window for arriving players
- Xfire in-game chat support
- Option for partial manual/random worm placement
- (Multi)layered maps with destructible and indestructible parts on the same map.
- Ability to manipulate crate drop zone probabilities
- Ability to import Worms 2 maps into Worms Armageddon
- Ability to flip maps horizontally and vertically
- Ability to generate maps based on a string (as with other Worms games)
- Ability to select a random map from the SavedLevels folder (or a sub-folder)
- An option to play on a random terrain without being able to view it first.
- Wrapped maps
- Optional retreat time for the Teleport
- Optional ability to change direction that worm faces while on Ninja Rope
- Ability to alter parachute sensitivity
- Weapon expiration (opposite of weapon delay)
- Availability of fuse-setting option for placable landmines
- "Smart Mines" - colour-coded mines not triggered by respective colour teams
Conveniences and interface
- Ability to Exit To Desktop straight from a WormNET game
- Ability to exit from menu screens while the program is waiting for WormNET traffic
- Ability to restart a mission in a similar way to that that replays are restarted by pressing "R"
- Instant-landing crates in missions, as in all other games
- More versatility in in-game background graphics cycling
- Selected scheme, when hosting, defaults to last hosted scheme
- Ability to download map, scheme and soundbank files from other players in network lobby or game
- Optional auto-/Away
- Ability to disabled water aesthetics to see the true water-line
- Ability to change aiming sensitivity
- Ability to disable instant replays in missions
- Fire and gloop alternative to water
- Screen vibrations upon large explosions
Wormpot-like effects and options
- See also Talk:RubberWorm#Idea_dump
- An option to make the player in last place always have the next turn.
- Play consecutive rounds on the same terrain, but with the damage intact.
- Option to make water rise rate relative to the number of surviving teams.
- Option for worms to pass through each other, so that they can't block each other in small tunnels.
- Option to disable backflip, to imitate Worms 2 schemes.
- Option to have low gravity only affect worms but not weapons to imitate Worms 2's "highjump" cheat option.
- Option to have the game end on certain conditions e.g. destruction of certain part of the map (-->CTF) or a worm reaching certain coordinates.
- Option for longbow arrows to disappear when they hit indestructible terrain, to prevent blocking.
- Option to have all teams in one color group take their turns before the next colour group (eg. red1,red2,blue1,blue2 instead of red1,blue1,red2,blue2)
- Turn time stockpile: unused seconds from a turn added to the next
- Turn time decay: turn time gradually decreases throughout the game
Replays and log files
- Print name of original replay file to log
- Show the number of Undos (special tool required) in the log
- Ability to extract map as it exists at a certain stage in the game
- Ability to fast-forward one turn at a time during playback
- Inclusion of turn-counter in addition to game clock, with ability to start playback at a given turn
- Logs include lists of weapons collected from crates by each team in the game