History of the Full Wormage shortcut cheat code
From Worms Knowledge Base
|This article is a work in progress. The history may not be correct and doesn't include dates, which are intended to be included. Also, the people who made discoveries and what they discovered may not be correct. If you know the history further and/or have corrections, please edit this article.|
With the release of WA version 3.8 on 2020-07-16, CyberShadow revealed that a cheat code was implemented that unlocks all previous cheats and the extended scheme options, which were also implemented in version 3.8, but did not say what the cheat code was. How to enter the code in the main menu was also revealed.
It was also hinted that the code was obfuscated in the game's executable, so anyone trying to find it via reverse-engineering would need to spend more effort than a cursory look at the game in a hex editor. It was later discovered by those attempting to find the code via reverse-engineering that part of this obfuscation was a set of fake codes which made the splat sound when entered in the main menu, but did nothing else.
Some community members discovered the correct code early on, but did not share the code with other community members, opting to only share hints. Eventually, the correct code was revealed. The precise history of this is documented in the timeline section below.
- 2020-07-16: WA version 3.8 was released and the existence of the code was revealed by CyberShadow.
- 2020-07-??: Cleroth discovered the correct code and all incorrect codes via reverse-engineering, and shared hints about the correct code with other community members, but did not share the correct code verbatim until its eventual reveal.
- 2020-07-??: Tester7 also discovered the correct code (and all incorrect codes?) via reverse-engineering. Like Cleroth, Tester7 also opted to stay quiet.
- 2020-??-??: cgar was able to discover the LocalProgressOverride registry DWORD and its correct value for essentially doing the same thing as having typed the code, and shared a .reg file which added the correct value to the registry, effectively circumventing the need to type the code.
- 2020-08-07: StepS announced that the code would be revealed to the community when Sensei completes the single-player gameplay requirements for all the cheats live on his stream.
- 2020-08-12: Sensei completed the single-player gameplay requirements for all the cheats live on his stream, and the code was subsequently revealed by Muzer.