From Worms Knowledge Base
(Up to Weapons)
|Keyboard selection:||F5 (x1)|
|Standard effects:||75hp injury (max.), Large circular crater|
|Present in:||Worms, Worms DC, Worms 2, W:A, WWP|
The Dynamite is a drop-and-run weapon capable of about 75 points of damage. The powerful blast can send worms flying far and wide. The dynamite comes with a fixed 5-second fuse, and you will always get a minimum 5-second retreat even if the scheme retreat time is set to zero. Like mines, they can be dropped off of the edges of cliffs onto worms below.
Tricks and glitches
- Despite the blast launching worms far, it can also open a path while doing it. This way the blasted worm can fly far away even with a ceiling above him.
- In the Amiga versions of Worms and WormsDC it is possible to "erase" the action of a worm following a Dynamite deployment with a single jump by pressing Enter just before the Replay starts.
- In WormsDC, Dynamite is the only weapon that can be dropped from a Ninja Rope by pressing Enter.
- In the original Amiga version of Worms, the Dynamite cannot detonate while the worm that deployed it is in mid-jump.
- In Worms Reinforcements and Worms United for PC MS-DOS, it is possible to gently aim the drop of the Dynamite. The aiming reticle appears as it would with any other weapon - aiming directly forwards drops it with an ever-so-slight amount of forward momentum (similar to the default Dynamite behavior in Worms 2 onwards). This makes it easier to drop off ledges without accidentally dropping it in front of you, though this can still be done if you aim directly upward or downward.