From Worms Knowledge Base
|Keyboard selection:|| F2 (×3)|
|Standard effects:||75hp injury per banana (max.), Large circular crater|
|Present in:||Worms, Worms DC, Worms 2, W:A, WWP|
|Values are per banana bomblet. Sorted by total damage from all clusters.|
Affectionately known as "The Soft Fruit of Doom" or "Oh crap you have a banana! I'm dead!", the Banana Bomb (sometimes referred to as Nana in worms terminology) destroys the myth that fruit is good for your health. It is a timed weapon, and works identically to a Cluster Bomb. First-generation games allows you to adjust the bounce setting, but the second-gen games fix the Banana Bomb on the MAX bouce setting. The banana explodes with the power of a Dynamite, and then splits into more bananas, which also explode with the same power, except that they explode on contact with the ground.
In Worms Armageddon there is an unlockable cheat that "Upgrades banana bombs into Super banana bombs", except it doesn't do that at all, and instead changes the power so that 8 banana clusters are released with each doing 100 points of damage maximum.
- The Banana Bomb is a very powerful weapon and can kill a worm outright. However, as the clusters spread out, it is more beneficial to use it on a group of worms.
- The Banana Bomb can cause severe damage to a single worm if all of the clusters detonate directly next to him, and there are 3 ways of doing this. One is to place the banana under indestructable land or the cavern border. Another is to place it under the opponent worm as explained on the Cluster Bomb page. One further technique is to drop the banana at your feet and do a vertical jump just before the banana explodes, as this will cause all of the clusters to explode into your worm. You will, of course, deal heavy damage to your own worm, but any other nearby worms will also recieve heavy damage.
- As the banana clusters spread out considerably, it is possible to cause widespread damage by throwing the Banana Bomb high into the sky, so the clusters have a chance to spread out before they explode.
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- In W2/WA/WWP, the Banana Bomb forces you to use the MAX bounce setting, and so it is difficult to get it to settle next to an opponent.
- Doctors recommend that you use 5 portions a day to keep healthy, but it tends not to appear very often, leaving you at risk of scurvy.
Tricks and glitches
- The Banana clusters can pass through a wall.