American release (Worms Armageddon)
From Worms Knowledge Base
|American MicroProse release|
Front cover 
This version of the game can be identified by the contents of a certain file on the game CD.
Contents of /Data/Resource/version.txt:
Based on comparing the state of a system before and after running the installer (no reverse-engineering techniques), it does the following:
- Extracts group "US Program Files" from data1.cab to APPDIR
- Extracts group "US Soundbank Editor" from data1.cab to APPDIR/User
- Extracts group "US Intro Graphics" from data1.cab to APPDIR/Graphics
- Extracts group "US Registration Program" from data1.cab to APPDIR
- Copies /Install/Install/WA.exe from cd to APPDIR
- Copies /Data/Resources/LANGUAGE/readme.rtf to APPDIR
- Copies /Data/Resources/LANGUAGE/names.wdb to APPDIR/User
- Copies the directory /Data/User/Speech/English/ to create APPDIR/User/Speech. does this change if the language changes?
- Creates empty directories Fanfare, SavedLevels, Schemes, and Support in APPDIR/User.
- Writes the following keys to the registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Worms2.Exe] @=APPDIR"\Worms2.Exe" "Path"=APPDIR [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Team17 Software Ltd.] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Team17 Software Ltd.\Worms Armageddon] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Team17 Software Ltd.\Worms Armageddon\1.00.000] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon] "PATH"=APPDIR [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon\Data] "SubLogicSeed"=dword:00000000
- Sets up an uninstaller at APPDIR/Uninst.isu and makes an entry for Add/Remove programs
- Offers to install DirectX 6
- Adds links to its group in the start menu:
- Read Me
- Sound Bank Editor
- Uninstall Worms Armageddon
- Worms Armageddon
- Adds a desktop shortcut to Worms Armageddon
Unshield appears to incorrectly rename Graphics/Background Stuff to Graphics/Background_Stuff.
- ↑ By Default, the installer chooses "C:\MicroProse\Worms Armageddon\" as the installation directory. For the purposes of this article, APPDIR refers to the installation directory chosen by the user, as a string.