Worms Armageddon ReadMe (English)/v126.96.36.199 Beta Update
From Worms Knowledge Base
Revision as of 07:02, 20 March 2011 by ReadmeBot (Automatic Readme conversion (2011-03-20 09:01:37.194000))
v188.8.131.52 Beta Update (2004.10.06)
- If the volume was adjusted in-game, the change didn't have an instant effect upon returning to the front end.
- Volume adjustment is now applied to streams and in-game ambient music. There is now nothing left that doesn't respond to volume control.
- The Extract Log feature brings up a console window to show its progress. However, it would often be opened behind other windows. It will now try to move itself to the front. [Note: This fix did not in fact work.]
- Bugs introduced in v184.108.40.206
- WAgame files made by private betas before 2004-01-27, or Mission/Training from any version, would crash upon playback. The former would in some cases play without crashing, but would desync due to differing crate falls.
- If W:A were forced to minimise in-game (without using the Escape menu option) then its palette would be garbled and no amount of minimising would bring it back.
- The game would sometimes crash when returning to the front end.
- Fixes affecting game logic
- The Girder Starter-Pack allows you to select a stop sign after placing at least one girder, to prematurely stop placing them. However, in v3.5 Beta 1, this was inadvertently disabled. It works again now.
tag is now supported and used in ServerList.htm.
- The Extract Log feature now lists total turn/retreat times for each team.
- The colour scheme used for allies (red, blue, green, yellow, purple, cyan) can now be modified to allow those with certain types of colour deficiency to be able to easily distinguish problematic colour pairs. (It is targeted particularly towards protanomaly.) This switch has been added to the Options menu, replacing the terrain editing button in that screen. If the new colour set does not help you and you still have trouble distinguishing certain team colours, please post in the support forum (see section 8.0).
- Features affecting game logic
- You now get retreat time after using the Girder Starter-Pack on land.
- The Mortar and Homing Missile now have shiny new launchers that are coloured differently, to make them easily distinguishable from the Bazooka and Homing Pigeon. The Bazooka also has a makeover.
- Due to the changes regarding colours, a pair of new sprite archives have been included in this release. These files are approximately 12 MB each, and are not internally compressed because this allows the distributed package to compress much better (for a quicker download).
- If you are not going to use the colour deficiency option, you may safely delete Gfx1.dir, freeing 12 MB of hard disk space. Similarly, you may delete Gfx0.dir. Deleting them both will still allow W:A to run, but will locally disable the new colour features.
- The original Gfx.dir is still used for compatibility purposes. Do not delete it.
- Due to the larger sprite archive, W:A now requires 8 MB more RAM than before. If this is a problem for you, please post in the support forum (see section 8.0).
- As an upshot, W:A may be slightly faster in-game since it will not need to decompress sprites on the fly.