From Worms Knowledge Base
|Latest version:||14 July 2009|
|Supported W:A version:||Up to 220.127.116.11, deprecated since 18.104.22.168b|
wkRandomMap is a WormKit module that allows you to download a random map from WMDB right from map selection screen. The map being downloaded is random but with certain parameters, like type of the map.
Since W:A version 22.214.171.124b using this module is deprecated, use wkWMDB instead.
- Downloading map right before playing
- Map name, type, author is displayed while downloading
- All downloaded maps are saved in history folder, separated by map type
- Customisable parameters of maps to choose
- While downloading is in process, the game freezes, and the download progress cannot be stopped (You see progress while downloading)
- If WMDB site changes its design, the module may stop working.
Creating custom search parameters
- First of all, go to WMDB.org and make a search of the maps you want to. For example you may search for a map of certain type (e.g. Shoppa) and certain features (e.g. "good graphics")
- Create a file with any name and ".PnG" extension (Case sensitive, this is important!)
- Open this file with notepad and write:
- LOAD xxx
- where xxx is copied part of URL started with "/Maps/..." (First slash is required)
- Put this file into WA/User/SavedLevels/ folder to make it accessible from ingame
Random Shoppa with good graphics.PnG
while opening in W:A will turn into random shoppa map with good graphics