Updates (Worms Armageddon)
From Worms Knowledge Base
All Beta updates up to and including 220.127.116.11 were written almost solely by Deadcode, after being recruited by Team17. In September 2006, CyberShadow joined forces with Deadcode; all updates since and including 18.104.22.168 were written by Deadcode and CyberShadow.
This site mirrors some of the released beta updates:
- WA_Exe-22.214.171.124_Beta_2.zip (2002.08.15)
- WA_Update-126.96.36.199_Beta_2.exe (2002.08.15)
- WA_Update-188.8.131.52_Beta.zip (2004.02.12)
- WA_Update-184.108.40.206_Beta.zip (2004.02.20)
- WA_Update-220.127.116.11_Beta.zip (2004.03.21)
- WA_Update-18.104.22.168_Beta.zip (2004.07.13)
- WA_Update-22.214.171.124_Beta.zip (2004.09.23)
- WA_Update-126.96.36.199_Beta.zip (2004.09.27)
- WA_Update-188.8.131.52_Beta.zip (2004.09.28)
- WA_Update-184.108.40.206_Beta.exe (2004.10.06)
- WA_Update-220.127.116.11_Beta.exe (2005.03.23)
- WA_Update-from-18.104.22.168-to-22.214.171.124_Beta.exe (2005.03.23)
- WA_Update-126.96.36.199_Beta.exe (2005.03.24)
- WA_Update-188.8.131.52_Beta.exe (2005.03.29)
- WA_Update_from_184.108.40.206+_to_220.127.116.11_Beta.exe (2005.03.29)
- WA_Update-18.104.22.168_Beta.exe (2005.03.31)
- WA_Update-22.214.171.124a_Beta.exe (2005.04.26)
- WA_Update-126.96.36.199_Beta.exe (2006.01.05)
- WA_update-188.8.131.52_Beta_Installer.exe (2007.06.29)
WA_Exe-184.108.40.206_Beta_2.zip and wa_update-220.127.116.11_beta_3.zip to WA_Update-18.104.22.168_Beta.zip are technically not installers. They are just a plain zip file containing the updated files. One does not need to install previous updates, as these are cumulative.
WA_Update-22.214.171.124_Beta.exe to WA_Update-126.96.36.199_Beta.exe (and presumably some other versions) is a UPX-compressed self-extracting 7-Zip archive. To manually extract its contents, the UPX compression must first be removed, then the file must be extracted using 7-Zip tools.
Versions since 188.8.131.52 come in an NSIS installer package, which automates most of the updating tasks - detects installation directory, downloads and installs prerequisites like the 3.0 Patch or the updated GFX archives (which were introduced in 184.108.40.206).