Trygames download release (Worms Armageddon)
From Worms Knowledge Base
Revision as of 03:19, 15 May 2010 by Explorer09 (adds technical information (Trygames installer))
(Up to Releases)
- Official webpage of Worms Armageddon Trygames release. Archived from the original on 2007-11-20.
These information is based on the trial version of the Trygames release.
The Installer is a Wise installer.
- Most of the audio files in the archive are in .OGG format in order to reduce the installer size, as well as /User/Import/logo2.bmp.jp2 . These files are decoded using a special program called decoder.exe during installation.
- The installer logs installation process in a temp file, and later converts to INSTALL.LOG after installation.
The installer does the following:
- Extracts the uninstaller "UNWISE32.EXE" from the archive to <APPDIR>\UNWISE.exe ; also makes an entry for Add/Remove programs.
- Extract all the files from the archive to <APPDIR>.
decoder.exe -f lfiles.lsy -pto decode the .OGG sounds and the .JP2 image.
- Deletes the following files (in order):
- Adds links to its group in the start menu (in order):
- Sound Bank Editor
- Worms Armageddon
- Buy Worms Armageddon (launches "<APPDIR>\WA.exe --AmClientTriggerPurchase")
- Worms Armageddon Manual
- Read Me
- Download XP-2000 Patch (links to an Internet shortcut which links to http://fe.trymedia.com/d/team17/20m_d_p3050b/WA_P3050_Beta2.exe)
- Writes the following to the registry (in order):
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon] "PATH"="<APPDIR>" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon\Data] "SubLogicSeed"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Team17 Software Ltd.\Worms Armageddon\1.00.000] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon\Data] "LogicSeed"=dword:197d007d [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\WormsArmageddon\Options] "Volume"=dword:00000001 "Filter"=dword:00000001 "CD Tracks"=dword:0000007f "Detail"=dword:00000005 "Animations"=dword:00000001 "DisplaySize"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\WA.exe] "Path"="<APPDIR>"
- Prompts and adds a desktop shortcut to Worms Armageddon.
- Advises user to install the Beta 2 update if Windows XP/2000 is detected. Clicking "Yes" launches the browser to download the update from Trymedia:
- Activates the Trymedia DRM by writing the following to the registry (in order):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems\ActiveMARK Software\90E9B1D2C4C85AE675F1822345339973] "tracking"=hex:00,4e,5f,72,48,c6,54,c5,c6,45,d9,2d,9a,32,1a,ba "affiliate"=hex:74,72,79,67,61,6d,65,73,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 "currency"=hex:55,53,44,00,00,00 "price"=hex:00,00,00,19,99 "timestamp"=hex:12,73,85,19,41
- Deletes "<APPDIR>\bbytdll.dll"
- Converts the temporary log file to <APPDIR>\INSTALL.LOG .
- By default, the installer chooses "%Program Files%\Team17\Worms Armageddon\" as the installation directory. For the purposes of this article, <APPDIR> refers to the installation directory chosen by the user, as a string.
- This process is not logged into INSTALL.LOG . Beware.
- By default the group name is "Team17\Worms Armageddon"
- The message is: "The program are you trying to install was not designed for your operating system. The program may not work properly. Press YES if you want to download a patch for Windows XP/2000 or NO to finish the installation process."