From Worms Knowledge Base
Run! 03:10, 13 July 2008 (MST)
Pisto wants as many ideas as possible for RW so i'm going to start up a list here, everyone feel free to add to it
- Crates stop falling after N turns
- Crate rate for crate shower decays (5 seconds, then 6, etc)
- Weapon power settings randomly vary throughout the game
- Worms resurrect after N turns dead (so enemy teams have to be killed off within N turns before they start coming back)
- Gravity flips mid-map
- Ability to edit the expiry time for the supersheep so that it can traverse longer distances
- An option for a health penalty on collection of weapon crates (e.g. 10 points deducted when you collect a weapon)
- Points for weapons mode. Each player has 100 points and they have to select their weapons. Each weapon is worth a certain amount of points.
- More starting health. Perhaps by adding a value to each worm when the game begins, since 255 is probably a maximum.
- Delimiting the amount of fire that can be present on a map (some fire disappears if more fire is created elsewhere) the flames thing is done through a trainer (a progam like wa-hacks if you know it)
- When "Shot doesn't end turn" option is set, some weapons changes after shooting it, for example when you are shooting a holy, it changes to zooka after the first shot. It would be nice to be able to keep the same weapon you've chosen on the first place.
- Editing the number of weapons you can get from a crate. For example you could get infinite holy granades from one.
- Have a lobby command like /v that shows who has which version of RW.
- More separated TS features (Attack From Air, BattyRope, Girder Radious Assist, etc.) in scheme.
- Permanent wind (choosing values, default = zero) - Useful for (parachute) races, or for future new schemes.
- /race and /boomrace in scheme
- AFR rule command. If ON, it will be impossible to fire AFR weapons from the ground.
- Explosions don't interfere the Fall Damage
- Sudden Death poison: choosing values
StepS 09:12, 2 June 2011 (CEST)
Some of the requests have been added to the recent RubberWorm3x.
Ability to edit the expiry time for the supersheep so that it can traverse longer distances
- Sheep Heaven does that well now
More starting health. Perhaps by adding a value to each worm when the game begins, since 255 is probably a maximum.
- This is in the ToDo list. It probably will use 2 bytes of the scheme file to allow a little more than 50000 HP (it also requires a show-up fix which would show the greater amount of health rather than 9999)
Delimiting the amount of fire that can be present on a map (some fire disappears if more fire is created elsewhere) the flames thing is done through a trainer (a progam like wa-hacks if you know it)
- Added in RubberWorm3x 0.0.1.3, enabled by /flames command, maximum is 25500. The limit is enlarged, however, not fully removed due to the limit of objects that persist on map at the same time, so the further flames will be invisible.
When "Shot doesn't end turn" option is set, some weapons changes after shooting it, for example when you are shooting a holy, it changes to zooka after the first shot. It would be nice to be able to keep the same weapon you've chosen on the first place.
- Added in RubberWorm3x 0.0.1.7, enabled by /wdca command.
Have a lobby command like /v that shows who has which version of RW.
- This is in the ToDo list. Right now only players themselves can tell you their version by typing /tellv
Error in the article
Loss of control doesn't end turn
- When activated, control of the active worm will not be lost in any circumstances (fall from a great height, weapon explosion, etc) except death.
- Controlled by the second bit of the crate probability of Mole Squadron (add 1 to enable).
Shot doesn't end turn
- Firing a weapon doesn't end the player's turn. There's no retreat time and you can't control any weapon (such as Sheep or Supersheep) when turn time runs out.
- Controlled by the first bit of the crate probability of Mole Squadron (add 2 to enable).
There's a contradiction above, please fix it. I haven't used this program so I don't know how to fix. Explorer09 14:36, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed by FoxHound on 17 October 2009 18:29:33 (UTC) — the "add N to enable" part is what was wrong.
About section "220.127.116.11 compatibility"
I noticed that if you have the 18.104.22.168 version and also this file wkRubberWorm.dll and after download the new rubberworm version: wkRubberWorm31.dll and just run wormkit to play with both of these files in WA folder, the game will crash when you try to play a match. So i deleted wkRubberWorm.dll and changed the name of wkRubberWorm31.dll to "wkRubberWorm.dll" again. Then, i ran wormkit and it worked perfectly. I think the explanation about the instalation of this new Rubber version is very poor. May i put this detail about the instalation in the article? I'm almost sure that i'm correct. I just don't know yet if version v0.7.3.2 must be installed before adding the new dll or not. Also, the link of the "read more here" is not working. FoxHound 09:49, 29 December 2010 (CET)
- I see no problems in the text. The download links clearly state for which version of W:A they are. You do not need to rename the module. I don't see where you got the impression that the newer version requires that you have the older version. The "read more" link works for me. --Vladimir 10:36, 29 December 2010 (CET)
I tought the older was required because you need to install the .exe file, and the newer version is just a .dll file. Maybe the link of "read more" is not working only for me, strange. Well, if i was wrong there is no reason for changing the section. At least in my case, i solved the problem. FoxHound 11:07, 29 December 2010 (CET)
- For me, I would add the notice that the old version must be uninstalled before applying the new version. Newbies don't know anything about "version conflicts" and will do what FoxHound did.
- (By "uninstall" I mean to delete only the dll file.) --Explorer09 11:57, 29 December 2010 (CET)
You can use this troubleshooting installer which will delete every old and incompatible module himself. It contains only new RubberWorm31, ReplayShark and IndiMask (because two last ones don't have the version mark in the end, and it would be a risk of confusion to auto-delete or not to update the files, so I included them too).--StepS 16:28, 2 January 2011 (CET)
Confusing versioning (please solve?)
(Update: issue is solved.)
I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to post such request here. If not, please help me forward the request.
The new Kawoosh's version of RubberWorm introduces new features that the original RubberWorm does not have. When people are referring to these new features, they might get confused about which RubberWorm version they are talking about.
e.g. Kawoosh's RubberWorm 0.0.1.5 have these new features: /ope /flames /kaosmod . But when I don't mention that it's Kawoosh's module, I might say:
- RubberWorm 0.0.1.5 have these new features: /ope /flames /kaosmod
- RubberWorm 0.3 does not have /ope /flames /kaosmod ...
It sounds strange, doesn't it?
I suggest two way that could solve this problem. By changing the version numbering or by changing the module name.
By "version numbering" I mean it could be something like this:
|RubberWorm version||Supported WA version||Developer|
|1.0 test build||22.214.171.124||Pisto|
By "changing the module name", I mean the new name could be "wkKawooshRubber" or something like that.
All I want is to distinguish these two modules by two authors. Thanks. (I rewrite the request because I don't think my previous one is clear enough.)--Explorer09 14:45, 1 January 2011 (CET)
I think, RubberWorm3x is good.
--StepS 11:28, 24 July 2011 (CEST)
Mole Squadron section incomplete?
What happened to the documentation on OPE (??) and WDCA (weapons don't change after attack)? They're set by the fifth and sixth bits, respectively. I'm sure they were there earlier... Ipidev 20:14, 22 January 2014 (CET)
- Those weren't in the original RubberWorm by pisto; they were added by Kawoosh. Features added by Kawoosh are listed on a separate article. --LeTotalKiller 11:32, 9 February 2014 (CET)
Many users don't have RubberWorm installed and don't speak English correctly sadly. Please provide especially the Russian translation. I'll translate it into German soon. - Pac-Man 15:35, 10 August 2014 (CEST)