From Worms Knowledge Base
Sudden Death options
The available options for Sudden Death are:
- Round ends (the strongest team wins)
- Worm health reduced to a single point on all worms
- Nuclear bomb (worms are poisoned, but unlike the Nuclear Bomb weapon, no flooding occurs)
- No energy is lost
An additional option, independent of those above, controls the speed at which the water rises at Sudden Death (see flooding speed section below)
Timing of Sudden Death
- Sudden Death always occurs between turns, never during a turn.
- Sudden Death never occurs before the Sudden Death clock runs to zero.
- Sudden Death will not always occur immediately after the turn during which the clock runs to zero. Rather, the precise timing of Sudden Death is determined randomly, and will occur after one of the turns shortly afterwards. (elaboration needed)
Using an external scheme editor, the byte value which controls the speed of flooding at sudden death can be changed to values other than 0, 1, 2, or 3. The following table shows the available flooding speeds and their corresponding byte values; the formula being WRSPEED = ((WRBYTE pow 2) * 5) mod 256.
|Click show to expand|