From Worms Knowledge Base
|Latest version:||1.3.1 Stable / December 24th, 2008|
|Language:||Visual Basic 6|
|Download:||SolixaWorms.zip (1.55 MB)|
Solixa Worms is a brand new snooper with a separate buddy list window and tabbed private message window. Tons of features to make your worm life easier. I am still beta testing and adding new features but once everything is finished it will be one hell of a snooper!
- Display different colors in channel list depending on users version/snooper. orange=solixaworms, purple=prosnooper, red=buddy, green=W:A game, black=other
- Show country flag next to name in chat (FlagChat)
- Different options to sort the channel list.
- Profile look up that links to this site. Heres my profiles: People:Elixer or People:Solixa
- Auto responses while away
- Ignore non buddy join/quit/part messages (removes the clutter)
- Join AnythingGoes and chat.
- Auto Login on startup.
- Join games hosted on Wormnet. (Will test connection before opening worms)
- Auto ping hosts (measures lag level).
- Host W:A Wormnet games.
- Configuration of rank and flag.
- Entire Interface Minimizes to tray; notifies you on private messages.
- Hides automatically in system tray when joining/hosting games.
- Alerts room when your game is over and you have returned to the chat.
- Change color-scheme using templates.
- Separate Buddy list Window with live updates in real time. (Idle and when they signed in)
- MSN style alerts for all sorts of stuff. (can turn on and off)
- Sound notifications.
- Graphical Smileys.
- Displays all Wormnet flags and ranks.
- If you are installing for the first time simply extract the files from the zip to any folder then create a shortcut to solixaworms.exe on your desktop somewhere.
- If you are upgrading from an old version all you need to do is make sure that solixaworms.exe isnt running then extract the solixaworms.exe from the zip file overwriting your old solixaworms.exe. The rest of the files are there for first time users and do not need to be overwritten.
If you receive a "Run-time error '339'. Component '?????.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when attempting to start Solixa worms its probably because you are missing some .ocx files. you can download the Visual Basic runtime files from Microsoft using the links below.
If you still have problems, please try restarting as this seems to help after installing additional controls.
Please post any problems you are having on the talk page.
- Missing mscomctl.ocx Fixed with additional file in zip file.
- AppCrash when Selecting 'Exit Solixa Worms' (Fixed with version 1.3.0)
- AppHang while exiting causing process to stay in memory and new process not being able to be started up.
- 12/24/2008 : Released v1.3.1 Fixed bug with shutdown causing the program to hang on a new one to not start up, also added flagchat feature and ability to turn off chat announcements when joining/returning from games.
- 12/11/2008 : Released v1.3.0 (Stable) Finalized many bugs along with corrections to the sticky windows where before they were clumsy, also updated the exit method so its nice on the wormnet server.
- 12/01/2008 : Released v1.1.7 Minor bugs fixed, but lots of updates. Check feature list below.
- 11/28/2008 : Released v1.1.6 fixed a few more bugs and added the auto away responses.
- 11/27/2008 : Added a few more ocx files to the zip download for those of you having errors.
- 11/11/2008 : Fixed many bugs and now is very much stable..
- 11/12/2008 : Fixed notification from stealing focus from anything.
- Reduce lag caused by the constant updating of the channel users list.
- Make Suggestions on the talk page by creating an account here.