From Worms Knowledge Base
|Keyboard selection:|| F4 (x5) - W:A & WWP
F4 (x4) - Worms 2
|Standard effects:||Victim is pushed|
|Present in:||Worms, Worms DC, Worms 2, W:A, WWP|
The prod is only useful when the target is standing at the very edge of a cliff, as the distance pushed is minimal. It is only worthwhile prodding a worm off of a cliff when he will end up in the water, or onto Mines, or when a Fire Punch or Dragon Ball will not suffice.
Successfully damaging or killing an enemy worm using the prod is often seen as an attempt to humiliate your opponent. It's generally a good idea to prod only when you're on friendly terms with your opponent. (Unless you plan on using it on yourself.)
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- The prod is only useful in very specific circumstances when a worm is standing at the very edge of a cliff. As it is very easy to avoid being in this scenario, the weapon is used very little.
- Other weapons will usually suffice in such a scenario, such as the Shotgun, which is normally preferred as it gives the user an additional shot.
- The purpose of the weapon is not serious, and so it is rarely used in serious matches.
- The weapon is close range only, and so using it can leave the user in the same disadvantageous position at the end of a turn.
- The Prod is present in the Amiga version of Worms and in the Directors Cut, however it is a hidden move. You must tap AWAY, AWAY, TOWARDS, TOWARDS to activate it.