Patch (Worms Armageddon)
From Worms Knowledge Base
The WA Patch updates the original UK release of Worms Armageddon to version 3.0. It's needed before installing the beta update with that version. Other WA releases do not need the patch, and it will break those releases if installed.
The patch can be downloaded from Team17's web site.
WAPatch.exe is a self-extracting zip file containing an InstallShield installer. It can be extracted manually using ordinary unzipping programs. The installer is named SETUP.EXE and data is extracted from data1.cab. InstallShield cabs can be extracted manually with unshield or i5comp.
The installer seems to do the following:
- Checks to see if WA is installed and refuses to run if it isn't. (But not if you have the wrong version. How annoying.)
- Detects the installation path of WA and makes that its default installation path.
- Extracts group "Program Executable Files" from data1.cab to APPDIR.
- Sets up an installer at APPDIR/Uninst.isu for no apparent reason (but doesn't seem to set up add/remove programs).
- Modifies [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\yourapp.Exe] for no apparent reason.