From Worms Knowledge Base
Revision as of 08:58, 5 September 2010 by Squirminator2k
(Up to Weapons)
|Type:||Line of sight firearm|
|Keyboard selection:|| F3 (x4)|
|Present in:||Worms DC, Worms 2, W:A, WWP|
|Values are per bullet.|
The Minigun is a fast-firing projectile weapon. When used, the Minigun fires 20 bullets in quick succession, 1 bullet every 3 frames. It is effectively a faster firing Uzi that fires more bullets.
- When a worm gets hit by multiple bullets, a lot of force is applied to the worm in the direction you shoot. This is very useful for shooting down worms from a bridge or the terrain.
- Can in some cases be useful for shooting mines so they bounce onto an enemy worm. Similarly, worms can be pushed into mines and they will push the mine with them, as the worm slides along the ground.
- Due to the amount and rate of bullets, worms will be pushed very far very quickly. In order to achieve maximum damage (100 on power 3), you will need to fire at a worm at close range who is against a wall. That way the worm will not move and every bullet will hit.
- On Worms and WormsDC the size of the bullet impact on terrain is large enough to cause considerable damage to a bridge or girder in next to no time at all.
Criticisms, Problems and Weaknesses
- The bullets are quite innacurate, and so it's only useful at close range.
- A higher power setting for this weapon will result in less accuracy.