From Worms Knowledge Base
|Latest version:||1.2.8 / 07 June 2014|
|Language:||C# / .Net Framework 4.0|
|Website:||Great Snooper Thread (TUS)|
Great Snooper is an application written by ToOMiToO to connect to the WormNet server of Worms Armageddon. You can chat, enter games and even host with it. It has a very wide variety of features to make it easier and more convenient to use WormNet without the game.
- Join more channels
- Chat in the channels and private chat with other players
- Supports all the WormNet characters in the channels and in the name of the hosted games too
- Player list with filter, so you can find players easily by their name, clan or country
- Built-in WormNat2 support (works without WormKit too)
- Secure login with TUS (The Ultimate Site)
- Buddy list for your friends and ignore list for undesirable people
- Costumizable: you can choose font types and you can set your own alert sounds
- News section, so you will never miss any important news
- The first snooper which removes hosted games from the game list if it is started or cancelled
- League game searcher: the snooper can look for league games (with or without spamming the channel) and will alert you if any game was found
- Auto-updater: your snooper will always be up-to-date
- Shortcut icons to access the most used features of TUS site
- Chat logging
- Chat mode to hide Join, Part and Quit messages in a channel with a simple click
- Silent join a game: when you don't want others to see you joined a game
- Away manager
- Clean design by GreatProfe (Professor) based on tabs
- Instant coloring: you can choose a color for the user you are chatting with, so you can see his/her messages easily
- WormNet ranks
- Support for cyrill letters
- It requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 to be installed on your computer
- Supports Windows operating systems even since Windows XP and maybe Linux too with the Mono framework
I have always wanted to make a snooper for Worms: Armageddon since I have tried out ProSnooper 2. I wondered how it works and it was a great challenge for me to see whether I can write it too. After 2 and a half years studying programming at the University I managed to get the knowledge to write such a program. After Christmas 2013 I have got some free time and I determined to start coding it.
Another motivating factor was that when I started to make this application there was no snooper program that I liked: ProSnooper 2 was kind of outdated and The Wheat Snooper was not working the proper way (however it is fixed now).
When I make something then I like to make it as good as I can. It was with this snooper too, the most important thing that I wanted was that it should work as much the proper way as it is possible. And here comes the part where I would like to say thank you to CyberShadow, Deadcode, StepS, GreeN and all the people in #worms channel who has helped me a lot understanding how the online part of Worms: Armageddon works.
The first version was released at 20 February 2014, but it had some bugs such as not working on Windows XP and not so good design. The first stable version (v1.2.0) came out 4 April 2014 which had a new desing, auto-updater feature and was already running on Windows XP too.
How to open private chat tab?
There are two methods for this: you need either double click the user in the user list or right click on it and select 'Chat with this user'.
How to close private chat tab?
You can do this 3 ways: use middle mouse button click on the tab header or right click on it and select 'Close' or press CTRL + W (like in browsers to close a tab).
How the filter works?
Firstly you can filter for more criterias using comma (',') as separator. You can filter by username, TUS username, clan, country, your buddies with the 'buddy' keyword or ignored users using the 'ignored' keyword. An example filter looks like: Finland, cFc, Buddy
How can I filter by ranks or country if I don't know it's name?
You can find out the name of a country or a rank if you drag your mouse over its picture.
How can I open News window?
News window will be opened automatically when there is any news you haven't seen yet or you can open it by typing the command '/news' into the message box field.
Why is the News window always opened when I start the snooper?
That's because there are any news in the news list that you haven't seen yet. Check out all the news, maybe there will be something you will like. You can use right and left arrow keys to navigate between news.
Can the snooper close itself when I join a game?
There are 4 ways to join a game. You can see these options by right clicking on a game in the game list. When you choose 'Silent join' then the snooper will not send an action message that you are joining a game. There are two options you can choose to join a game and close the snooper (with or without sending the action message).
Are there any other shortcut keys?
Yes, you can navigate between tabs using Alt + Right or Alt + Left keys, and you can access filter fast by using the CTRL + F keys.
Why are some users have their name underlined?
That's because they are using the TUS login feature. With that feature clan name and user rank are loaded from the TUS database so they are correct.
How can I find out the TUS nick of an user who is logged in by TUS login?
Right click on the user in the user list and in the last option you can see his/her TUS nick.
Great Snooper is released on GitHub too! Link