From Worms Knowledge Base
|Latest version:||1.2.8 / 07 June 2014|
|Language:||C# / .Net Framework 4.0|
|Website:||Great Snooper Thread (TUS)|
Great Snooper is an application written by ToOMiToO to connect to the WormNet server of Worms Armageddon. You can chat, enter games and even host with it. It has a very wide variety of features to make it easier and more convenient to use WormNet without the game.
- Join more channels
- Chat in the channels and private chat with other players
- Supports all the WormNet characters in the channels and in the name of the hosted games too
- Player list with filter, so you can find players easily by their name, clan or country
- Built-in WormNat2 support (works without WormKit too)
- Secure login with TUS (The Ultimate Site)
- Buddy list for your friends and ignore list for undesirable people
- Costumizable: you can choose font types and you can set your own alert sounds
- News section, so you will never miss any important news
- The first snooper which removes hosted games from the game list if it is started or cancelled
- League game searcher: the snooper can look for league games (with or without spamming the channel) and will alert you if any game was found
- Auto-updater: your snooper will always be up-to-date
- Shortcut icons to access the most used features of TUS site
- Chat logging
- Chat mode to hide Join, Part and Quit messages in a channel with a simple click
- Silent join a game: when you don't want others to see you joined a game
- Away manager
- Clean design by GreatProfe based on tabs
- It requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 to be installed on your computer
- Supports Windows operating systems even since Windows XP
I have always wanted to make a snooper for Worms: Armageddon since I have tried out ProSnooper 2. I wondered how it works and it was a great challenge for me to see whether I can write it too. After 2 and a half years studying programming at the University I managed to get the knowledge to write such a program. After Christmas 2013 I have got some free time and I determined to start coding it.
Another motivating factor was that when I started to make this application there was no snooper program that I liked: ProSnooper 2 was kind of outdated and The Wheat Snooper was not working the proper way (however it is fixed now).
When I make something then I like to make it as good as I can. It was with this snooper too, the most important thing that I wanted was that it should work as much the proper way as it is possible. And here comes the part where I would like to say thank you to CyberShadow, DeadCode, StepS, Green and all the people in #worms channel who has helped me a lot understanding how the online part of Worms: Armageddon works.